file Tritons

• jerry's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jerry Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi,

New to this forum. Looking seriously at the Triton line up. I have heard the Triton 1 and I'm impressed. Listening area is 17 x 13 with 8" ceiling. Currently have Mirage OM6's with matching center channel, sub and surrounds. My primary interest is classical music. The OM6's perform well at elevated volumns, but fall off drastically at lower levels. I employ a Marantz AV7005, Anthem Statement A5 and for CD's a Rega Saturn and Oppo BDP-93 for DVD's. Any and all thoughts would be welcome. I hope to find a dealer in NJ that has the 2's and 3's to listen to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hi Jerry,
Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining to ask your questions here.
I had different Mirage speakers for surround and center channel, but now am all GoldenEar Tech.
I have a similar sized home theater and went with the Triton 2s up front and T 3s on the surrounds, rear surrounds are T 7s, Center is the SC X and a ForceField 5 sub. They all sound FANTASTIC together.
BUT, the Triton Ones were not out yet when I bought my system. IF I had it all to do over again, I am sure I would have bought the Ones, at least from what everyone tells me. I have not heard them.
My advice to everyone is, buy the BEST speakers you can buy. Because you will have them and enjoy them for YEARS. Even if you change homes, you will never regret getting the BEST speakers.
Have fun building your system, I am SURE, if you go with GEt they will blow away your Mirage, which are no slouch speakers at all.
Enjoy,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Also Jerry,
I love classical music, and built my system around the Marantz AV7005 and a Oppo 95. I have just gone on to the Emotiva XMC-1 and retired the Marantz.
Just throwing this in with the above comments to let you know that I think you are on exactly the right track!!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Jerry,

Welcome to the forum. Just a bit of an up front warning, we are a bit biased around here. GET speakers sound great, which you already know, and several of the models should make the most out of the great gear you already have. You're definitely on the right track with the T1s but there are other options as well. Is your use strictly for music, including multi-channel with your center, or is this also for home theater?

While the T3s and T7s sound good, for a mid to large size room, I'd recommend the T1, T2, or T5. All sound great and have their own strengths. The step up from the T3 to the T2 is significant and definitely worth every penny. The performance gap between the T2s and the T1s is not as wide but if you have a good ear, it will be easily perceptible. Besides the obvious step up in bass with a more powerful amp and more drivers, everything above 100Hz is more clear, detailed and three dimensional. If you listened to a lot of music with limited bass the T5s would be amazing as well. They image exceptionally well. That said, the T2 is probably in the sweet spot for price to performance ratio.

In regards to playing at low volumes, I can assure you that this is a strength of the T1s. They sound great loud but are very detailed and fulfilling at reasonable volumes as well. I frequently listen to music in the 65 to 75 dB range. Even when the bass isn't rattling the room, it is very musical with a tonal accuracy rarely heard elsewhere. The HVFR is also highly detailed and comes through crystal clear even at late night volumes.

I'd recommend taking a sound level meter and several of your favorite recordings to your local GET dealer for an extended audition. Try to compare the same songs at the same dB levels across several models. It was easiest for me to tell the differences between the T1s and T2s when I went to a dealer that was able to quickly switch between the two, mid-song. Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will sound great. Please let us know how things go and what you decide. Happy hunting!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• jerry's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 4
jerry Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Thanks for the feedback all. I'll keep you posted as to my progress1
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back