question-circle Considering a New Setup.. Guidance Appreciated

• Chad Slater's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Chad Slater Posted 9 years 3 days ago
Last edit: 9 years 3 days ago by Chad Slater. info_outline
Good day to you all!!

This is my first post here and I have loved all the info I have read here as well.

I am in the process of upgrading my existing system. I am mainly looking at upgrading the Front stage.

I am considering the Triton 1,2 or others if it will be a better fit and one of the XL center channels.

My existing still sounds good and am wondering if I will be able to tell a big difference.. This is where I am looking for some input..

My existing system:

Pre/Pro - Sherwood R-972 with Trinnov
Amp - Emotiva IPS-7
Speakers: (All Axioms are Ver 1)
Axiom Audio M60 (Fronts)
Axiom Audio VP-150
Axiom Audio QS8 (Sides)
Existing house had a set of JBL Ceiling speakers (Rears)
Sub - SVS 20-39+

The room is pretty large and a unique shape. I can post pictures later.

Really looking for any input here. My sub still works great and gets very low. I don't believe the rears or sides need to be changed..

All input/help is much appreciated.

Regards,
~Chad
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 9 years 3 days ago
Chad,

Welcome to the forum. I see your in Washington State. Are you any where near a GoldenEar Technology dealer? Your best bet would be to go and audition your options in person to see what sounds good to you. I've never had th pleasure of listening to Axiom speakers first hand but I have read good things and they were in consideration when I upgraded this last year.

Is this system primarily for home theater, music, or both? What percentage of use for each? What is your budget? Getting a little more info would be helpful in forming recommendations. There are certainly a lot of options and GET does a great job matching their speakers tone so you can create a great system in a wide variety of spaces and price points.

In my system, I am very happy with my Triton Ones and Emotiva gear. It's a great combination! If I were buying today, I would purchase the SuperCenter XXL. If you use your equipment primarily for home theater, that would be my first recommendation. From there, you could go with Triton Ones, Twos, or even Fives depending on your budget and it will sound great! Having towers with built in subs and using the SVSound sub behind your primary listening position will yield great results. Just a few thoughts to get started.

Go out and audition GET's various offerings and see what you like. If you give us a little more feedback, we can provide some additional recommendations. I'm confident you'll get some additional stellar recommendations from our forum members. We have a great place to share our opinions and ask questions. Don't be afraid to throw anything out that you have questions about. Happy hunting!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem, Chad Slater

• murphyslaw1978's Avatar Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 337
murphyslaw1978 Posted 9 years 3 days ago
I would try to find a way to listen to them, see if you like them. You have a nice a setup, so it's not going to be terribly easy to point out some major flaw or weakness to upgrade. I agree that you should keep the sub but try to audition the tritons by themselves and compare them to your existing front mains without the sub in use. While the Tritons are excellent full range speakers and many do not need a sub, I ended up keeping my Velodynes and in fact will probably be upgrading them for more powerful bass between 15-30Hz.
7.1 today, moving to 7.1.4 tomorrow
(2) Triton Two - front mains
(1) Sat 60C - center
(2) Sat 50s - sides
(2) Sat 50s - rear
(2) DIY 18" Stereo Integrity subs, 1100w each
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Considering a New Setup.. Guidance Appreciated