file Triton 2 near Side walls

• F l a s h's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
F l a s h Posted 10 years 3 months ago
I am looking at buying the Triton 2. However I am in a tricky situation . My room measure 11 x 24 ( 250 sq feet approx )

However due to the wife command. I have to place the speakers approx 10x apart along the 11" wall.

This would leave the left and right speakers a few inches away from the side wall.probably 2 -4 inches.

Since the Triton 2's have inbuilt subs. is this going to cause a problem, should I look at Alternative speakers

This is going to be a Stereo Setup
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Hi Flash,
Can you put a sub in the room? Centered, preferrably? IF so, and the boss agrees, then I would go with the Triton 7s, which won't mind that close to the wall placement as much as the T2s would (that is really not a good place for that side firing radiator). T7s with a sub would sound AWESOME!!!!!
Just a suggestion.
Enjoy and please let us know what you decide?
God bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: F l a s h

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

F l a s h wrote: This would leave the left and right speakers a few inches away from the side wall.probably 2 -4 inches. Since the Triton 2's have inbuilt subs. is this going to cause a problem, should I look at alternative speakers?

The powered Tritons are by far the best choice for a forced corner placement, since the bass level controls on the speakers can be used to adjust for the boundary gain. Call it a "placement and taste" control, priceless in a corner placement scenario as you describe.

WayneWilmeth wrote: Hi Flash,
Can you put a sub in the room? Centered, preferrably? IF so, and the boss agrees, then I would go with the Triton 7s, which won't mind that close to the wall placement as much as the T2s would (that is really not a good place for that side firing radiator). T7s with a sub would sound AWESOME!!!!!
Just a suggestion.
Enjoy and please let us know what you decide?
God bless,
Wayne

I Already have a Pair of Rythmik Audio FV15HP subs. . They are used for HT duty only. I dont intend on using them for Stereo. I find it very difficult to get a seamless transition between Mains and Subs. So completely given us the idea

But yes . I can get in a pro to help me with integrating the sub with the mains.

Am i going to loose out on anything with the Triton 7 over the Triton 2. .. i.e if we leave bass out of the picture.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderator wrote:

F l a s h wrote: This would leave the left and right speakers a few inches away from the side wall.probably 2 -4 inches. Since the Triton 2's have inbuilt subs. is this going to cause a problem, should I look at alternative speakers?

The powered Tritons are by far the best choice for a forced corner placement, since the bass level controls on the speakers can be used to adjust for the boundary gain. Call it a "placement and taste" control, priceless in a corner placement scenario as you describe.

Yes Makes sense . But would it make the bass muddy and less defined due to wall reflections ?

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 3 months ago
Hey Flash,
Good questions.
I will not get in a place where it sounds like I am disagreeing with the Moderator Dude, he knows a lot more than I do.
He talked about the ability to kinda dial in the Triton 2s with the volume control and deal with those close side wall reflections. I think that still admits that they would exist and not be the optimum placement.
BUT, you mentioned having subs and the difficulty to integrating subs with your speakers. I am there, still enjoying that difficulty. I admit that this is hard, and perhaps more difficult than making the T2s work in a side wall placement.
Some people would argue loudly about how great the Triton 7s are and tell you that is a better way to go, even if you have to add subs.
I cannot speak to that, I have the 2s and still adding one sub.
I guess it would be a fairly easy conclusion to reach that IF you like bass, then the Triton 2s are your choice when you don't want to use additional sub(s). Whereas the Triton 7s would have to have subs IMHO.
I hope this helps, I would listen to the Moderator Dude, not me.
Enjoy, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Triton 2 near Side walls