file Suggestions for new home theater

• scottyfree111's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
scottyfree111 Posted 10 years 4 months ago
I like the looks of the more slender 60C but I wonder if it sounds as clear as the XL. Also I realize that if I set the Oppo 105 speakers to small I can adjust the bass, But the XMC-1 has all of those parametric EQ settings,True 7.2 audio channel paths with stereo bass management and post processing, and Dirac Live which is intriguing. It would save a bunch of cash though as I wouldn't need to purchase a bluray player, and the analogue circuitry on the Oppo is highly regarded. Oh, decisions...
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 4 months ago
The Oppo 105 is supposed to be even better than my 95, which I think is GREAT, Anthem has it.
The XL should be better than the 60C from all accounts.
Whatever you choose should sound awesome though, you are really on the right track!!!!
Enjoy,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scottyfree111

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
The SuperSats and SuperCenters are voiced the same and will handle the same power with appropriate bass management (crossover frequency). For most people, the best is simply which fits their space. The SuperSats are much more room friendly: easy to mount on the wall, with the TV on its mount, on top or below the TV. The SuperCenters are traditional sized "boxes" that would require a shelf or a stand.

The SuperCenters were actually introduced as matching centers for Aon and Triton Seven based systems, those that did not have the "stereo subwoofers" of the Triton Two and Three to reproduce the lower center channel frequencies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, scottyfree111

• juliadavid's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
juliadavid Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by juliadavid. info_outline
For home theater go with Sony or Philips. My experiences with these two brands have been good. Actually, I bought a complete livingroom set up with media lounge furniture and a Philips theater system last month, therefore, I can't say much about Philips but in this one month, I enjoyed it. I bought a system from a local store in my area but the lounge furniture I ordered it online through 4seating coupons .

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Tell us all about that theater in a box "Philips Theater System"...Sam's Club?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice Suggestions for new home theater