file 5.1 System for My Room

• PaulNewell's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
PaulNewell Posted 11 years 3 months ago
I already was posting in the Invisa thread about using invisa for rears, but I am not second guessing my decision to use a soundbar. I have a 10'x10' room with 8' high walls and hardwood floors with no carpets. Would three invisa HTR-7000 be a better option then the 3D Array for my setup? The one nice thing about the soundbar, is if I attach it to the positionable TV stand, when I am sitting at the foot of the bed for "intense" watching it works, and if I am laying down (with my head in the corner) I can swivel the TV and the soundbar together to face me. How much "separation" would I be giving up by using the soundbar over the HTR-7000s?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 3 months ago
The 3D Array is the better choice in your small room as it will give you the separation you cannot otherwise get in this small of a room. Three in-ceiling speakers within less than ten feet will sound like one speaker.

• Weinstein's Avatar Offline
Weinstein Posted 11 years 3 months ago
What would you say the smallest a room can be and still benefit from a 5.1 setup? Mine is 13x11 and I am thinking of a pair of triton 2s, a 60C and 2 rear speakers (haven't decided which yet). Is my room too small for this?

Thanks

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Hi Weinstein,
If I can put in my 2 cents worth, I do not think that will be too small. I have set up a small 5.1 before, probably not even that large, and really enjoyed it. I have one about that small now as I wait to get a house built. I am tempted to say that the Triton 2s might be overkill for that small space, the 3s would also work well there. BUT rooms and houses change and you should get the Triton 2s and enjoy them, you can put them in a larger room in the future.
I can't imagine not having at least a 5.1 surround system for watching movies. I would say, go for it and ENJOY!!!!!
All the best,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Weinstein's Avatar Offline
Weinstein Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. My current (aging) setup is in a montrously large family room (15x34 and 2 stories tall) but we just bought a condo and the 11x13 room is all I get. So I don't think this setup will ever be for a larger room. But I listen to a fair amount of music and I think I would hear the difference between the Triton 2's and 3's. At this point it is hard for me to imagine watching a movie at home WITHOUT a good surround sound system and when I read the response re: the 10x10 room I started getting nervous.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 3 months ago
I agree, I think a surround sound system is a MUST.
And a sound bar is not for me. I am sure that GE has a really great sound bar, nothing against that.
I think you will enjoy the Tritons in that room.
Have a good time and don't worry about what other people think.
Again, just my 2 cents.
Please update us and let us know how it works out.
All the best, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice 5.1 System for My Room