file 5.1 System for My Room

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Agreed, that room will be very nice for an intimate theater setup. The even smaller 10x10 room was a bedroom with other placement limitations. You might want to consider a Triton Three based system in that room just from a physical size standpoint - Twos may be rather imposing in that size space.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dark's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
Dark Posted 11 years 3 months ago
My current 5.1 bookshelf set-up is in a small 11x11 room and it sounds great. Of course I'm now in the process of upgrading to a Triton Cinema system. I just ordered a pair of Threes for myself in this room.

The advice that I received from the dealer here was that because there's volume control on the subs there's not really a room that's too small for the Triton Twos, but there are rooms that are too big for the Triton Threes.

Because of the cost, and I think the Tritons Twos are a bit too large for my tastes aesthetically, I chose the Threes.

Another consideration might be, and maybe a mod can chime in here, if the Threes vs the Twos require a different space away from back and sidewalls to sound best. That might also influence your decision since placement is SOO crucial for these speakers to do what they do best; imaging.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Dealer advice was right on, bass level control gives you a lot of flexibility you would otherwise not have. Triton Twos and Threes are basically the same in terms of suggested side/rear wall distance. The more the better, but as little as 8-12" is OK.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Getting Started Buying Advice 5.1 System for My Room