file Supercinema 3D Array XL release date

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Additional center drivers...a second set of drivers has been added to the center.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sean Hoyt's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
Sean Hoyt Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Yes, yes I can see the placement but that says nothing about the wiring. Inside is a crossover that supplies an inverted signal to multiple drivers to produce destructive interference. I'm hoping the GE admin might know if it's still the litter drivers receiving this signal or the new center additions. Just curious, really.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

Sean Hoyt wrote: Yes, yes I can see the placement but that says nothing about the wiring. Inside is a crossover that supplies an inverted signal to multiple drivers to produce destructive interference. I'm hoping the GE admin might know if it's still the outer drivers receiving this signal or the new center additions. Just curious, really.

The only change is the addition of two more drivers for the center channel portion of the bar. That, plus the larger cabinet, means the 3D Array XL will handle more power and play louder as part of a full theater system than the smaller 3D Array. The crosstalk cancellation drivers are still just the two on the far left and right of the speaker. These function to limit the amount of left channel sound you hear in your right ear, and vice versa. This tells your brain that there are in fact two discreet signals, allowing you to perceive sounds farther left and right than the physical size of the soundbar.

So from standard to XL you are going from -R L C C R -L to -R L C C C C R - L? Seems out of balance.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 4 months ago
Sounds like you misunderstood my description (although upon re-read I can't understand how). The XL has two additional drivers for the center channel in a larger (62" Wide) cabinet. Period. Nothing else. In your nomenclature:

-R / L / C / C / C / C / R / -L

And that doesn't alter the center impedance? My first guess when I saw the XL was:

L/L/-R/C/C/-L/R/R

...which would be more like LCR supersat50 output.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperCinema 3D Array Supercinema 3D Array XL release date