file NEED urgent Help...Under a deadline for install

• Rilo's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Rilo Posted 5 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Rilo. info_outline
Hello All,

I first want to thank you in advance for any help/advice you can share. I have read a lot of the topics and responses so I have an idea of what needs to be done but want to make sure I am thinking things through correctly. My walls/ceilings are completely open and don't want to mess up the install.

I have two rooms that I have questions for.

Room 1 (main living room/theater setup)

The room is 17' 7' wide and 34' long. The ceiling on the right is 8' high and pitches to the left up to 11'. I will be using SPS for my LCRs. Because the ceiling is 11' on one side can I use 7000s for atmos? If I do will the angles work due to the pitched ceiling? Should I use the 650s instead?

Should the Atmos speakers be 1-2 feet in front of the couch and 1-2 feet behind the couch? How wide? (I guess it depends if I use 7000s or 650s?)

The rear of the couch will be roughly 17' from the TV so we would have roughly 17' behind the couch. So I was planning on installing 7000s for the rear channels and put them in the ceiling roughly 15' behind the couch? Would that work? Should they be a little closer? Will this set up work with a pitched ceiling (meaning Right rear will be roughly 9' high and the Left rear will be 11' high?)

Room 2 (kitchen)

22' by 22' room. 8' 3" flat ceilings? We will be in this area a lot and want to put the best speakers I can get so we can enjoy fun music! Hopefully with some decent base but I understand ceiling speakers can only provide so much. Based on feedback in this forum I assume the 7000s won't work as they are more for positional seating. I assume the best setup is 2 650s? Should I put in 652s to get more dispersion? Will 2 speakers be enough for this area?

Thanks again for any help you can provide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 5 years 1 month ago
This is one where room correction, for all its current flaws, will likely help. With the 7000 or 650 at different heights, it will help them sound more like they were mounted in a flat ceiling. Knowing the HTR-7000 has a 30-degree angle built in, you can decide where to position the height and surround speakers. Based on the space behind your listening position the 7000 seems like a natural for your surround channels. For heights, my suspicion is the 650 will work a bit better because they can be a bit closer together and have somewhat less different heights based on your sloped ceiling.

• Rilo's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
Rilo Posted 5 years 1 month ago
Thank you so much, Moderator, for the quick reply. And Happy fathers day if that applies :)

One follow up question on room 1. With the 7000s being at different heights, would you split the difference on the two distances? Obviously with them being 30 degrees and different heights they won't hit the back of the couch evenly. If I stagger them it would probably look awful :)

Second, could you please respond to the second part of the post. Here it is again:

Room 2 (kitchen)

22' by 22' room. 8' 3" flat ceilings? We will be in this area a lot and want to put the best speakers I can get so we can enjoy fun music! Hopefully with some decent base but I understand ceiling speakers can only provide so much. Based on feedback in this forum I assume the 7000s won't work as they are more for positional seating. I assume the best setup is 2 650s? Should I put in 652s to get more dispersion? Will 2 speakers be enough for this area?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 5 years 1 month ago
Hello,

You can split the difference if you'd like, especially if they will be aesthetically ok. While room correction might or might not give you the overall tonal balance you seek, it should help with the blend of the speakers placed at somewhat differing locations. you can then go in and manually adjust the speaker levels to get the tonal balance you like.

For your kitchen, perhaps 4 each Invisa 652 with each wired as one channel so you have two lefts and two rights will offer great sound over a wider area than 4 of the 650. I would locate each pair of left and right over the two areas of the kitchen that will get the most use.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series NEED urgent Help...Under a deadline for install