question-circle Invisa 652 as surround speaker

• dmpaul's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
dmpaul Posted 5 years 5 months ago
I'm just curious if anyone has used the Invisa 652 as a bipole surround speaker. The literature mentions that.

I know the prevailing thought is to use the HTR 7000 as a rear surround, but if there is not enough ceiling space to properly locate it, would this be an option, perhaps preferable to the 650? I'm thinking the two tweeters may help produce a more diffuse sound.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Yes, that works, although not sure it is significantly different than using an Invisa 650 for that application.

The HTR 7000 is recommended for ceiling surround applications when ear-level surrounds (required for an Atmos system) are not possible. If not an Atmos setup, not an issue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dmpaul

• dmpaul's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
dmpaul Posted 5 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by dmpaul. info_outline
Thanks for the reply (sorry for late reply, I was traveling).

I probably should have provided some background. I am putting a 5.1.2 home theater system in our great room. This is a new construction, so I will have it prewired. Due to room layout and aesthetics, I am planning a full in-ceiling install, and was planning on the HTR-7000 for the front LCR speakers and was trying to determine best way to do surround.

After downloading the HTR-7000 manual I see that the HTR-7000 is also recommend for surround speakers, as you suggested. I will use the Invisa 650 for the height speakers in ceiling, and HTR-7000 for remainder of speakers. I am planning on following the Dolby recommendations for general placement (see attachment).

Any thoughts on this placement? It seems to follow the manual, though manual doesn't specify a 5.1.2 layout. I'm assuming that's because the HTR-7000 wouldn't typically be used as a height speaker in 5.1.2 system.
Attachments:

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 5 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Moderator. Reason: clarity info_outline
Using 5 each HTR-7000 (3 for front L/C/R and 2 for surround) as diagrammed will work well, as will 2 of the 650 for height.

This should be a really nice system!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Invisa 652 as surround speaker