file Invisia 7000's

• UPS retiree's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
UPS retiree Posted 6 years 6 months ago
GE friends... I was wondering IF using Invisia 7000's only in a 7,2,4 setup would work.. A dealer told me it works amazingly well... My only concern would be ALL the sound is at the top of the ceiling, and the aren't 2 levels of sound that creates that "bubble sound" .. Any thoughts or has anyone done this already... Just curious. Thx KC
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Hi, KC,

BTW, I've had great luck with UPS over the years!

Re 7000's serving both height and ear level front, center and surround roles, the short answer is yes, they can. IF you have the dimension in the space you want to install them to have the fronts, center and surrounds around 10' or more from the listening positions (depending on ceiling height). Because they are angled at 30 degrees, the heights, closer in will present sound as overhead, and the further out fronts, center and surrounds will present sound as though at ear level.

I believe GEt has demoed such an arrangement at shows, to great reviews.

I have a pair of 7000's in front heights, and love them, they are amazing speakers!

Are you planning to use a sub also for bass support?

Good luck!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Hey Thx Rick for your nice words of UPS.. 31 years has been a fun ride, but it's a "young man's" game these days. And I'm only 49yrs.. haha...

I've been a new fan of GE since I first heard them demo'd about 9mos ago. I have my whole system picked out, just have to wait until our house is finished being built. I'll have a dedicated room 17'x14' with 10' ceilings. When I heard from the sales guy about doing an all 7000 setup, I thought how much $$$ I'd be saving and how clean it would look. It made the wheels in my head turn and started looking at other options. (YES.. I'd be running 2 subs with my system. Looking at JL E series 10". I also have a ML Dynamo 700) So, I've been searching for reading material on "all ceiling Atmos" systems, to not much result. Which is why I came to the forum. Also, earlier this week I demo'd the Def Tech's BP 9060 setup along with their bi-polar surrounds and I was floored how impressive they sounded, for 1/2 the cost of my current GE list. I know Sandy started this co before GE which made me feel good about loving these speakers too. I'm doing my homework on DT now, and I know that whatever system I go with, I took all the time to listen and read everything I can. It will, no matter what, have (4) 7000's as my heights. I appreciate your knowledge, as I see you listed on so many posts from people with questions. I knew I could only find the answers I was looking for here...

Thank you Rick for taking the time... KC
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi again KC

Thanks for the feedback!

Suspect you'd still be great in your role at UPS. Always choose UPS as preferred carrier.

Re mixing speaker brands... if you decide to go with HTR 7000's as heights and want to evaluate Def Tech speakers as alternate L/R/front/surround options, I really recommend you audition the brands playing together. Having a seamless bubble of sound is for me paramount, all channels tonally matched. I can literally close my eyes and not have a single auditory clue as to where the speakers are located. Even if I look directly at any of the speakers, still can't tell what piece of the envelope they are contributing unless I walk up right to it. Everything needs to tonally match everything else to avoid any channels standing out, drawing attention to them, distracting.

You're doing all the right things in researching, auditioning options, asking questions. Enjoy the process!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, UPS retiree

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 6 months ago

UPS retiree wrote: GE friends... I was wondering IF using Invisia 7000's only in a 7,2,4 setup would work.. A dealer told me it works amazingly well... My only concern would be ALL the sound is at the top of the ceiling, and the aren't 2 levels of sound that creates that "bubble sound" .. Any thoughts or has anyone done this already... Just curious. Thx KC

Here's a review for you: www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/21550...stem-experience.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, UPS retiree

I'm sorry, I didn't even give my room size. 17'Lx14'W with 10' ceilings. I have in mind, 3 scenarios for a 7.2.4 system. Running a Marantz 8012 11.2 reciever.
1) ALL 7000's (9) and MPX for the sides. **I like the BiPolar effect.**
With this room size, would the throw of the 7000's as rears, have enough room to work its magic? Or maybe the MPX's would work better as rears?
2) ALL 7000's (8) same thought as above, but with a SCXXL or SCXL in place of a centered 7000.
3) 2 T3's, SCXXL, MPX (4) to cover rear and sides and 7000's (4) for the Atmos. I'd love the T1's but I'm being practical and frugal..

As I've read in so many posts, that there isn't a wrong way to build a system with GE.
I loved the Bipolar towers, BP9060 from Def Tech because of their big sound stage, and paired with their bipolar surrounds (4) to cover the back and rears, it really made sense to me. But I CAN'T have my 7000's in the mix. I dont know much about their in ceilings for that Atmos sound, but I KNOW what the 7000's sounds like. It melts me.. Would the T3's have a big sound stage too? I've heard the T1's and the new Reference and that goes without saying.

My favorite scenario is #1 if my room size is adequate. The clean look would be amazing. I'm going to call around my area of Sacramento and find a dealer who has an ALL 7000 setup. And it doesn't matter the miles I'll drive to get there.. lol.

Well Rick, this was a ton of words, but I had a lot of questions. Thx in advance... ( I may just copy paste this as a new thread..haha) - KC
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Invisia 7000's