file Invisia 7000's

• UPS retiree's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
UPS retiree Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Thank you Moderator Dude.. THIS is my dream scenario... That article was excellent. When paired with a Marantz 8012 11.2 receiver? Or would you have another suggestion for receivers. Anyways, thank you again for your input.. KC
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, HTSME

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

UPS retiree wrote: I'm sorry, I didn't even give my room size. 17'Lx14'W with 10' ceilings. I have in mind, 3 scenarios for a 7.2.4 system. Running a Marantz 8012 11.2 reciever.
1) ALL 7000's (9) and MPX for the sides. **I like the BiPolar effect.**
With this room size, would the throw of the 7000's as rears, have enough room to work its magic? Or maybe the MPX's would work better as rears?
2) ALL 7000's (8) same thought as above, but with a SCXXL or SCXL in place of a centered 7000.
3) 2 T3's, SCXXL, MPX (4) to cover rear and sides and 7000's (4) for the Atmos. I'd love the T1's but I'm being practical and frugal..

As I've read in so many posts, that there isn't a wrong way to build a system with GE.
I loved the Bipolar towers, BP9060 from Def Tech because of their big sound stage, and paired with their bipolar surrounds (4) to cover the back and rears, it really made sense to me. But I CAN'T have my 7000's in the mix. I dont know much about their in ceilings for that Atmos sound, but I KNOW what the 7000's sounds like. It melts me.. Would the T3's have a big sound stage too? I've heard the T1's and the new Reference and that goes without saying.

My favorite scenario is #1 if my room size is adequate. The clean look would be amazing. I'm going to call around my area of Sacramento and find a dealer who has an ALL 7000 setup. And it doesn't matter the miles I'll drive to get there.. lol.

Well Rick, this was a ton of words, but I had a lot of questions. Thx in advance... ( I may just copy paste this as a new thread..haha) - KC

Hi, KC

I suspect, if #1 is your favorite scenario, that you could come pretty close to that. But with 17' of room depth to play with, I'm not sure, even if you placed the listening position exactly in the center of the room, you would have enough distance from both the front 7000's and rear surround 7000's to get the effect you want. (Moderator Dude, who sets up GEt systems all the time for shows, can chime in if he feels that would work). I think a set-up with all 7000's in front, 4 7000's as heights, listening position 10' or so back, and in-wall ear level MPX's for side and rear surrounds would do an awesome job! In fact, that's the set-up that got the great review that Moderator Dude provided.

You're right, there is no wrong combination of GEt speakers. They all work together perfectly. And you have subs to fill in the bass portion. 7000's and MPX's crossed at 80 HZ or so, subs to carry the bass. Sounds like a winner to me!

You're heading for some great listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• UPS retiree's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 25
UPS retiree Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Rick,
Thank you for your remarks. Solid input as always. I was afraid that 7000's in the 4 corners wouldn't work due to the size of the room. But I DO like the 4 MPX as rear and sides probably better, cuz of that immersive whirlpool of sound. And a 7000 instead of a SC in the middle. I was a little weary of losing the effect of the center channel, but it sounds like the 7000 is more that adequate to handle it. I can rest easy knowing this now.. haha. I guess my next decision would be a double sub FF4, front and back placement, or one solid beast to fill the room. I've heard and and read about the JL Audio E series. Whether it's a 110 or 112.. I'm guessing that, with everything in ceiling, I'll need to fill the low end with 2 subs.. Any thoughts on that? Other than that, I want to THANK YOU and Moderator Dude for helping build my dream system. I'm feeling so much better these days because of you guys..

Have a great day... KC
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline

UPS retiree wrote: Rick,
I guess my next decision would be a double sub FF4, front and back placement, or one solid beast to fill the room. I've heard and and read about the JL Audio E series. Whether it's a 110 or 112.. I'm guessing that, with everything in ceiling, I'll need to fill the low end with 2 subs.. Any thoughts on that?

Have a great day... KC

Hi, KC

2 subs generally do a better job of evening out and filling in bass, even than one larger sub. Since the subs will be the source of the frequencies under the crossovers probably set at 80 HZ or so for the 7000's and MPX's, I think you'd find that 2 subs would be the better choice, spaced front and back, or at least not together.

Have fun with your project!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 6 years 6 months ago

UPS retiree wrote: Thank you Moderator Dude.. THIS is my dream scenario... That article was excellent. When paired with a Marantz 8012 11.2 receiver? Or would you have another suggestion for receivers. Anyways, thank you again for your input.. KC

Marantz is one of the brands we have used and recommend, should sound great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, HTSME

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series Invisia 7000's