file HTR 7000 angle?

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 87
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
twinturbo11 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Hello,

Given that the Invisa HTR 7000 tweeter is non-adjustable (unlike the Invisa 650s), I was wondering at what angle are they pointing down? The manual does not have any information regarding this.

Given that i have non-standard 11-12 foot high ceiling, I am trying to determine where to put them on my ceiling so that they point towards the listener. They will be used as Atmos Heights in a 7.1.2 setup.

Thank you
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 7 months ago
These are a fixed (or focused) at 30 degrees, originally designed to create a soundfield in front of the listener instead of above when used as front L/C/ and/or R main speakers, but we have found, properly located, they are excellent for Atmos height channels and eliminate the "hot spotting" that a direct radiating in-ceiling close overhead would cause.

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by twinturbo11. info_outline

Moderator wrote: These are a fixed (or focused) at 30 degrees, originally designed to create a soundfield in front of the listener instead of above when used as front L/C/ and/or R main speakers, but we have found, properly located, they are excellent for Atmos height channels and eliminate the "hot spotting" that a direct radiating in-ceiling close overhead would cause.

Thank you. Although they help alleviate hot spotting, do they sound like they are not coming as much from "above/up high" as normal ceiling speakers? Would this be a correct understanding of the trade-off? And at what ceiling height does hot spotting stop becoming an issue with "normal speakers" like the 650s? thx
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, filmfan214

Just so I can understand the math correctly, if the 7000s are 30 degrees and my ceiling is 11 feet high, then does that mean the speakers should be 6.3 feet away from the listener? I am using this online triangle calculator: www.cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/calrtri.htm
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro

Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Not sure how that math works. The further the speaker is away (ceiling height) the greater area that would be considered an appropriate listening distance, due to the expanding dispersion pattern over distance. Per the manual:

LOCATION: ... The Invisa® HTR 7000 speakers are designed to project a sonic image in front of the listener, even though the speakers are positioned in the ceiling. This is achieved through our FocusField™ technology, which is optimized when the speakers are installed to achieve the correct height/distance geometry. The speaker is designed for optimum performance for a ceiling height range of 7'–10' (2m – 3m), with a seating distance range of 8'–20' (2.5m – 6m) from the seating location, although distances outside this range can still give good results. The taller the ceiling, the further the ideal distance, and vice versa.

This is related to their use as fronts or surrounds, as Atmos channels the preference was to be slightly out of the desired position (too close) so the sound still came from above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, filmfan214

twinturbo11 wrote: Thank you. Although they help alleviate hot spotting, do they sound like they are not coming as much from "above/up high" as normal ceiling speakers? Would this be a correct understanding of the trade-off? And at what ceiling height does hot spotting stop becoming an issue with "normal speakers" like the 650s? thx

See my last post. Hot spotting is much less of an issue with a nine foot ceiling than with a seven, where it is no issue at all is probably more like over ten feet.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series HTR 7000 angle?