file HTR 7000 angle?

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 87
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
twinturbo11 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Thank you. Another angling question, this time for the 650s: the tweeter angle is supposed to be adjustable. However when I try to adjust it with my hand, it's quite stiff and there is a strong spring or coil sound of some sort. It makes me really nervous and makes me feel i am about to damage the tweeter. As such I was wondering how many degrees is the tweeter adjustable and is it in any direction, or is there a specific side i am supposed to angle the tweeter towards? Thanks
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 7 months ago
It rotates 360 degrees and swivels about 35 degrees, but it is fairly stiff so once you position it it stays put. As long as you don't twist it around and around many times, there is nothing to worry about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• twinturbo11's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 87
twinturbo11 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
thanks!
HTR7000 7.1.2 ATMOS setup
Marantz SR7011 Atmos Receiver
Nvidia Shield 4k Media Player
Sonos Connect
Sony PS4 Pro
Laser 4k Projector (soon)
Elite 150" motorized screen

• filmfan214's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 9
filmfan214 Posted 8 years 6 months ago

Moderator wrote: The speaker is designed for optimum performance for a ceiling height range of 7'–10' (2m – 3m), with a seating distance range of 8'–20' (2.5m – 6m) from the seating location, although distances outside this range can still give good results. The taller the ceiling, the further the ideal distance, and vice versa.

This is related to their use as fronts or surrounds, as Atmos channels the preference was to be slightly out of the desired position (too close) so the sound still came from above.

Thanks, Moderator. I just want to make sure I understand that last part of your statement correctly. I understand that the portion of the manual you quoted relates to use of the HTR 7000s as LCR speakers. When you say "as Atmos channels the preference was to be slightly out of the desired position (too close)," do you mean that, for Atmos, it is preferable to place the 7000s closer than the 8'-20' suggested in the manual? For example, for a 7' ceiling, maybe 5'-6' from the listener would be a good place for the 7000s, rather than 8'?
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 8 years 6 months ago

filmfan214 wrote:

Moderator wrote: The speaker is designed for optimum performance for a ceiling height range of 7'–10' (2m – 3m), with a seating distance range of 8'–20' (2.5m – 6m) from the seating location, although distances outside this range can still give good results. The taller the ceiling, the further the ideal distance, and vice versa.

This is related to their use as fronts or surrounds, as Atmos channels the preference was to be slightly out of the desired position (too close) so the sound still came from above.

Thanks, Moderator. I just want to make sure I understand that last part of your statement correctly. I understand that the portion of the manual you quoted relates to use of the HTR 7000s as LCR speakers. When you say "as Atmos channels the preference was to be slightly out of the desired position (too close)," do you mean that, for Atmos, it is preferable to place the 7000s closer than the 8'-20' suggested in the manual? For example, for a 7' ceiling, maybe 5'-6' from the listener would be a good place for the 7000s, rather than 8'?

For Atmos height channels you do not want to utilize the geometry that shifts the image down, as you do when using that model for Fronts or other non-height channel speakers. This means it needs to be positioned much closer than the geometry required for non-height applications. This is discussed in much more detail in the Atmos Systems section on our website's Support menu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe, oxl

• oxl's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 2
oxl Posted 8 years 6 months ago
Hello,

I've recently bought 4 HTR7000s to use as height speakers in a 5.1.4 atmos setup. I'm trying to determine the ideal placement for those speakers, but I haven't been able to find a precise, objective, mathematical guideline for placing them.

Based solely on the Dolby layout recommendation (speakers aligned to mains longitudinally and at a 30 to 55 degree angle from the MLP from a lateral view), the recommended position would leave the MLP at an angle 31 to 44 degrees off axis from a downward shooting speaker. If I placed the HTR7000s at the same location, aiming them towards the MLP, that would put the MLP at an angle 1 to 14 degrees off axis, i.e. pretty much on axis. But based on the last reply to this thread, this seems NOT to be desirable.

So my question is: How far off axis should the MLP be? Should I try to find a position that leaves the HTR7000s 31 to 44 degree off axis after compensating for the 30 degree firing angle? Should the axis "pass" above or below the MLP?

Thanks much!
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Invisa Series HTR 7000 angle?