file Trying to decide reference vs One.R

• DragonLick's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 6
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
DragonLick Posted 3 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by DragonLick. info_outline
Nope, I decided all right. I just love my One.r speakers. So much fun!
Cant move them out from wall or tow in because of room but damn they still sound nice!

NAD M33, 10 ga Blue Jeans spkr cable and Tritons, what else is there?

Hey, do you guys recommend upgrading power cords or power cleaner uppers? I dont use audio cables but do cables matter as much as they say?
Golden Ear Triton One.r (pair), NAD M33 BluOS streaming amp, LG OLED55 TV, Bluejeans 10 AWG speaker cabling, Focal Utopia headphones, Hugo2 DAC/AMP, Mac Pro music file server, Alienware Area 51M R2 master server & calibration
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Ah, power cords and power conditioners. There are lots of opinions on both. You may want to browse the Power Cord thread on this forum, plenty of comments on both.

Speaking for myself, yes, both make a difference in my system. And prices range from moderate to multi thousand $ items. I use a power conditioner (Furman), and multi power cord upgrades. Cleaner, more natural sound, plus better dynamics in my case from the power cord upgrades.

If you want to dip your toe in the water at a moderate price to try for yourself, a good power cord on the source (in your case the excellent NAD M33) is often the most cost effective step. The audience Forte F3 power cord, $150 or so at Amazon, Dedicated Audio, etc., provides a lot of bang for the buck. Plenty of choices from there.

Enjoy your impressive system!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

DragonLick Posted 3 years 8 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by DragonLick. info_outline

I can't believe I am hearing myself saying this but after having had these beasts for a couple months, well,
W O W ! ! !

You pretty much know you have something really special when you can sit and listen to your music (after careful room calibration using dirac live) and you can no longer find areas that need any improvements!
No shitzky witzky!!
Amazing just how damn good. Im including another better photo. You can clearly see how horrible the speaker placement is. Yet, they still won't stop shining.
I tried many different speaker tunings but the one that works the best...honestly? Is a straight up -1dB/octave. I made my own filter, exactly. Then the bass response looks and sounds fantastic -- Flat down to 19-20Hz man, and everything I play on my rig sounds as perfect to me as it can be. No lumps, no bumps. And I owe that to the M33 and the T1rs! The mids, the highs...all perfect.
I wish you guys could hear how well they pair too. AMAZING!!!

THANKS AGAIN, GOLDENEAR! You've really made me a very happy happy audiophile! ????
Golden Ear Triton One.r (pair), NAD M33 BluOS streaming amp, LG OLED55 TV, Bluejeans 10 AWG speaker cabling, Focal Utopia headphones, Hugo2 DAC/AMP, Mac Pro music file server, Alienware Area 51M R2 master server & calibration
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, rjohn79395

• rockybooth's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
rockybooth Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Nice system. I just got my One.Rs and M33. Very pleased with both.
Question - do you have any advice about using the LFE low level output from the M33 to the speakers versus simpler connection using just the amp out to speaker inputs? I do not have long enough RCA shielded cable to try it. It seems like this would allow adjustment of the crossover point at the M33 and bypass the speaker crossovers, but not sure.
Any advice welcomed!

DragonLick Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by DragonLick. info_outline
Nope. Won't work. The RCA inputs on the T1rs only provides additional gain, not enough gain to drive the speakers alone. It is meant to be used by the LFE channel in addition to what is coming in over the amps speaker outputs. You are welcome to try it but even if you crank the sub volumes all the way up it wont be enough.

Also note, those are sub outs on the M33, not LFE. It does not decode the LFE. It is meant to be fed by an LFE output from an AVR not a stereo amp.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Trying to decide reference vs One.R