file How far into the corner? (Triton 2)

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Hi, Brad3626

You've had lots of great feedback all around.

Re the center channel. You asked if a T1 (I presume as a center?) would match the tonality of the T2's you have as fronts: heck, yes. I have T1's as fronts and T2's as surrounds, and the match is seamless.

Re your center channel questions in general (SCXL vs. SCXXL vs a 3rd T2 vs. a T1... a T1 as a center channell? Hadn't seen that before.. though it sure would be awesome)). If it's the absolute best clarity you want, then a SCXXL or a T1 or the new T2+ and T3+ would be in that category (as would a T5), as they all have the new balanced crossover technology. If you want added bass punch from that center channel also, then powered Triton towers will do that best (T2 or T2+ or T1, or the Triton 3's), though the SCXXL is also pretty darn impressive for bass. If you want both max clarity and added bass from that center channel, then the options, in order of delivering both, would be, IMHO, T1, T2+, T3+, SCXXL So many choices!! All sound great. And NONE of those choices are lacking for clarity and great sound quality!

Really, in a way there's some splitting of hairs here. You could install ANY of the the options above, and have a fantastic center that played beautifully with your front T2's.

I too like T Cobe's idea of installing a 3rd T2 or T2+ as a center behind an AT screen. Lots of added bass punch, great sound stage up front, great value. I suspect you'll find you can't go wrong with whatever GEt center speaker you end up going with. The tonal match across their various speakers is peerless, in my opinion.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, brad3626

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Roman Johnston's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 802
Roman Johnston Posted 8 years 7 months ago
How bad have they been? Time out? :P

Sorry, could not resist.

Roman
LR:
Onkyo TX-NR636
Surround System = SSat3 x5
Sub - FF4

Office:
NAD T748 V2
Nearfield System = Aon 2 Mains
SSat3 Surrounds
Sub - FF3
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• paulys55's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
paulys55 Posted 8 years 5 months ago
Is it possible to play around with placement of the speakers before you install the screen? I ask because different rooms will give different results. Putting the speakers far into the corners is typically not ideal but you may be able to get away with it depending on personal preference (do you value screen size more than sound quality?) and room treatments. AT screen will definitely give you more flexibility with regards to speaker placement (at a cost $$$). Is the theater being designed/built by yourself/contractor/audio professional?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series How far into the corner? (Triton 2)