file Anyone with GE's behind AT screen?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 9 years 2 months ago
The baffle wall concept (putting the speakers in a closet, basically) has the same effect on any good speaker, the GoldenEar speakers are no different. Eliminating bass from the speakers in the baffle wall will help, so Satellites with subs is probably a better alternative for that application.

The other issue with this type of setup is where to put the center speaker. Often the choice is below the screen, which depending on screen size and room dimensions, may be way too low for best performance, especially with multiple seating rows. An AT screen with a baffle wall will eliminate this problem, and is recommended.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Respect to you guys who have such a great home theater setup, and especially to DGA was it, that has 3 Triton 2s across the front!!!!
That would make for an awesome center channel, that I would love to HEAR!!!!
I can only dream, but you guys are killing it!!!!
Good for you, happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• mogray64's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 28
mogray64 Posted 9 years 2 months ago
I have just completed my home theater (until DTS:X receivers are available). I am running a SCXL behind a Silver Ticket AT screen. It is accompanied by 2 T1's up front but they are not behind the AT screen. I think using an AT screen in a dedicated theater is the way to go. Having the dialogue emanate from the screen makes a world of difference in the realism of the audio sound stage. My theater is small, 11' X 17', and the primary seating position is 11' from the screen. I am guessing a small room like mine benefits from an AT screen more than a large room. As far as the sound quality using the AT screen, the only difference I notice is a slight reduction in db. This is easily corrected using via my receiver.

Mike
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• Dwight's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 150
Dwight Posted 4 years 3 months ago
Somehow I missed this post. I also have a AT screen with SCXL behind it. My Triton Ones flank the screen but are not behind it. I positioned the Ones this way to achieve a big sound stage at 60 degrees. This setup complies with Dolby setup. I am about 12 feet back that is perfect for 140 inch 2:40 screen. This is a much better setup for me.
HT 7.3.4
Triton Ones
Triton One R
Super Sat 50's
Super Sat 50c's
Super Sat 3’s
140 inch 2.35 Elunevision Audio Weave AT screen
JVC X790
Pana. UB9000
Bryston 4Bsst2 power amp
Marantz MM7055 5 channel Power amp
Marantz M7025 2 channel Power amp (2)
Marantz AV7703 Preamp/processor

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Anyone with GE's behind AT screen?