file Anyone with GE's behind AT screen?

• CRRobert's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 49
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
CRRobert Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Was wondering if anyone had LCRs behind AT screen and/or in Baffle wall? Not sure with the side radiators if they are good for baffle wall behind screen.

Looking to get dedicated theater going in basement. I would be looking at DTS NEO X, Dolby Atmos speaker layouts.
Triton 3+
Supercenter XXL
HTR7000(5)
FF4
SS50
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnstownflood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnstownflood's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
johnstownflood Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Nice to see someone else asking this question, although surprised it hasn't been answered. I'm wondering the same thing...
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 2 months ago
I guess no one uses one guys, pls tell us if you try it, how does it work? I can't see any reason why not!
Have fun trying new things.
Happy Listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• DGA's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 56
DGA Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by DGA. info_outline
I have 3 Triton 2's behind a 10' wide 2.4 aspect ratio Seymore AT screen. In my opinion, it doesn't get any better, particularly for dialog from the Center. I use the LFE of all three in combination with a PSA XS30 and the LF is quite stunning. As with any AT screen, you'll get a couple db of attenuation but they frequencies all get through just fine. I don't use this system to 2 channel listening (I have T1's in office for that!) , so even if there was some loss, not big deal. If you can do AT, I highly recommend it for a real theater feel.

Interesting story on how this all started. I saw a single T2 for sale on Audiogon that was damaged in transport for a couple hundred bucks. The front baffle was basically in two pieces, but for $200 bucks, what the hay, I'll try to make a center out of it. It only took a dozen wood screws and a bottle of glue and I had that thing working like new in an hour. Looks like a war underneath the sock but with the damage behind it and the screen, no problem. I ended up buying the buying a pair of wingmen I enjoyed them so much.
iMac
Schiit Yggy
Tortuga LDR3V2
Bob Latino ST-120
GoldenEar Triton Reference
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Dwight, T Cobe

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 2 months ago

CRRobert wrote: Was wondering if anyone had LCRs behind AT screen and/or in Baffle wall? Not sure with the side radiators if they are good for baffle wall behind screen.

Yes, my GoldenEar theater is behind an AT screen (110"). I use an SI weave screen, it was engineered with the assistance of a well known speaker company for very linear, non-frequency-dependent minimal attenuation (less than 1dB). Very hard to detect any change with screen down or up. (Beware of perf screens as they have significant frequency-dependent attenuation.)

I agree, for the real movie theater experience, an AT screen with speakers behind is the only way to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe, DGA, johnstownflood

• johnstownflood's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 4
johnstownflood Posted 9 years 2 months ago
Thank you for the reply! Just to dig a little deeper, and getting back to the OP's question: Would any GE's be good for a baffle wall behind screen?

It seems to me like GEs are designed to be within a room - not up against a baffle wall. Maybe the SuperSat series?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Anyone with GE's behind AT screen?