file Amp/Receiver for Triton7s

• victore's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
victore Posted 10 years 1 month ago
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Moderator. info_outline
Hi. I've just bought set of Triton7s (reviews sold me!) Couldn't afford all Goldenear so have Orb Mod4 centre Mod2 surround and Orb 200w Sub. Have no Amp yet - I've been waiting for latest AV receivers with HDMI 2.0etc to arrive in NZ to complete the setup. Only ones available in NZ are Onkyo 636/737 range. Question is, will an Onkyo 636 have enough grunt for this setup? I'm both video and music junky and have been waiting a long time to get an ok audio/surround setup. Room size is approx 15ft x 20ft. Have cut n paste Amp specs here for Onkyo 636 - 160 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 175 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA). Will this cut it?

Budget is tight for Amp - up to $1500 nz ($1000 US), so can't afford a pre-amp, really want a Receiver with enough grunt, plus latest Technology...Should I wait for latest Marantz/Denon/Pioneer range? They all have latest Tech, but won't be on shelves here for few months!!

Thks
Vic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 10 years 1 month ago
With a powered sub handling low bass the demands of the Triton Seven on the receiver will be minimal. We have no experience with Onkyo but some forum members certainly do, maybe they can chime in here. HT receiver brands we have used and recommend include Arcam, Anthem, Integra, Marantz, NAD, Pioneer Elite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Amp/Receiver for Triton7s