file DSP within the Tritons (excluding 7’s)

• IntoMusic's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
IntoMusic Posted 10 years 2 months ago
I am a 1st time poster here but I have been reading this forum since before I purchased my gear 6 months ago. Thank you for all of the great information/experiences. I am a happy owner of these speakers and like many others I was drawn to the product because of the great reviews, the price, and I was really looking to get back to the 2 channel music listening I once enjoyed. Ultimately, the incredible sound and price made my decision easy.

My goal is really to learn as much as I can about the speakers that I have. Specifically, I wanted to start this topic to gain some further insight into the signal processing that takes place inside of the Triton 2's. I have a fairly challenging room 20'X16' open to the 2nd floor and open to my kitchen on the left. Once broken in, I spent a great deal of time on my setup and actually got great results using Audyssey per the instructions provided by others here. Movies have always been great while 2 channel music and my room have been more challenging. I understand that the recommendation is to skip this stuff and run direct but my preference after many adjustments, monoblocks, etc. is to use the room correction. I am curious to hear how MOBrien uses his Denon 3312 for music. I know he is waiting on the XMC-1 which has Dirac and I may go in that direction or look into an Anthem receiver with ARC. I have recently been looking into REW and getting a mic for analysis and this is what brings me to the topic of DSP. How much of the signal going to the tritons is processed? I know that the powered subs have DSP and I’m sure this is like many other subs out there today. Admittedly, I am new to all of this and I could use some details on how this processing is accomplished. Does the entire analog signal going to the speakers get converted to digital for processing? Is this only happening to lower frequencies in the powered sub? These are some of the things I am interested in learning more about. Sorry for the long post. Just trying to provide some background on where I am coming from. Thanks in advance for your insights!
Denon 3312ci
Emotiva XPA-1L (x2)
GoldenEar Technology Triton Two Tower (Front R & L)
GoldenEar Technology SuperSat 60c (Center)
GoldenEar Technology INVISA HTR 7000 (Surround R & L)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

IntoMusic wrote: Specifically, I wanted to start this topic to gain some further insight into the signal processing that takes place inside of the Triton 2's. I have recently been looking into REW and getting a mic for analysis and this is what brings me to the topic of DSP. How much of the signal going to the tritons is processed? I know that the powered subs have DSP and I’m sure this is like many other subs out there today. Admittedly, I am new to all of this and I could use some details on how this processing is accomplished. Does the entire analog signal going to the speakers get converted to digital for processing? Is this only happening to lower frequencies in the powered sub? These are some of the things I am interested in learning more about. Thanks in advance for your insights!

Here is a simplified explanation: The (analog) signal from your amplifier goes directly to the midrange/tweeter assembly crossover of the Triton One/Two/Three with nothing else in the path. The signal also is fed into the electronics (from the speaker wires and the LFE input jack) where it is converted to digital, signal shaped (DSP), amplified, and then converted back to analog to power the active drivers. Hope this helps, welcome to the forum, enjoy your speakers.

• IntoMusic's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
IntoMusic Posted 10 years 2 months ago
This makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. To summarize what I believe you are saying on the Midrange/tweeter: The analog signal coming into the speakers via speaker wire is handled with passive crossover filters and isn't converted to digital for DSP. Is this correct?
Denon 3312ci
Emotiva XPA-1L (x2)
GoldenEar Technology Triton Two Tower (Front R & L)
GoldenEar Technology SuperSat 60c (Center)
GoldenEar Technology INVISA HTR 7000 (Surround R & L)

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 2 months ago
Yep.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series DSP within the Tritons (excluding 7’s)