file Triton 2 and Denon X4000

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
anthem Posted 10 years 6 months ago
If I might make a suggestion, check out Emotiva.com...the xpa-5 Gen 2/200 watts x 5 (5 channel) amplifier paired with a xsp-1 Gen 2 Differential Reference Balanced Preamp (both the amp & preamp are $999.00 each). I believe this combination would give you a killer system with plenty of power...no more shut downs. Give them a try...30 day money back guarantee if you're not happy.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MOBrien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Julesverne's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3
Julesverne Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Hi I was using 7.1 sourrounds now I'm using 5.1 to solve the problem your receiver is rated at 125 Wpc with 2 ch driven 5ch maybe at 90 Wpc imagine 7ch at 75 or 80 Wpc the receiver didn"t have enough power to drive the triton with reference level use your receiver with a 5.1 set up I will not shutdown and make sure the speaker wires didn't touch the receiver body

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Good suggestion and easy to try. Thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 6 months ago
I have a Denon 3312. For the first month I had my GE speakers I was using the Denon to drive them (5 channels). I never had any problems with it shutting down. However, it did not drive them to my satisfaction. I'm still using the Denon as a pre/pro (I'm waiting for Emotiva to launch their XMC-1 pre/pro). I'm using the Emotiva XPA-5 amp that Anthem mentioned to drive my speakers. It made a world of difference!

• matrix4123's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
matrix4123 Posted 10 years 6 months ago
Is it possible to just run the Front speakers from the Denon as pre-amp only? This would let the Denon handle the other 5 channels while an external amp would take care of the fronts...

I'm leaning towards picking up the Emotiva 5 channel amp and one of their two channel amps to do my 7.1 setup.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 6 months ago
With my Denon 33112 it is possible to run some channels with the internal amp and others with an external through pre outs. You would have to check the manual on your Denon to be sure. You could also start with the Emotiva 5 channel powering the fronts, center and surrounds. Then use the internal Denon amp to run the rear surrounds, until you are in a position to purchase a 2 channel?

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton 2 and Denon X4000