file Triton amplification

• Ewardjr69's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 51
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Ewardjr69 Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Thanks is the pre pro on back order? Looks like a nice piece of equipment. I just recently purchased a Integra 80.3 moving from an Onkyo 3008. I'm going to have my projector up by this weekend and I can finally listen to my new HT7000
(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000, Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), Sony VPL 55es, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Darby Darblet, Oppo 103, Integra 80.3, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 5, Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
MOBrien Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Emotiva has just started production of the XMC-1. It is supposed to be released next month. I'm on a waiting list.

• Ewardjr69's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 51
Ewardjr69 Posted 10 years 7 months ago
I saw that and it looks like it's gonna b a winner!
(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000, Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), Sony VPL 55es, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Darby Darblet, Oppo 103, Integra 80.3, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 5, Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MOBrien

• tooth2th's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 1
tooth2th Posted 10 years 1 month ago
I am having a problem deciding on amplification for the Triton1's I plan to purchase. I have read and researched about amps, some say if of the same power they all sound the same. I have heard the Triton2's with a Classe ca230 and Anthem( I don't know model but retails for $2500) . With the Classe it had a much warmer sound which I liked much more than the Anthem. They were A/B'd with same preamp and cables and music.
I am considering a Mcintosh Ma 7000 ,but don't know if I am wasting my money. I just want the Triton 1's to sound the best they are capable. I would like your opinion! Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 1 month ago
tooth2th,
Being more of a tube guy, I wouldn't but you might want to.
What I mean is, I hope you will get to have a GOOD, lengthy audition of the McIntosh (GREAT BRAND) and preferably with the Triton 1s. Which may mean wait a while.
I personally would spend that money on a great source, IF I had that much money to spend. The amp should not need to be that hefty and powerful, but who knows? Sandy will know, but we don't.
AND I hope others here can give you some good suggestions, the great thing is, when you get your system assembled, it WILL sound awesome!!!!!
Enjoy and God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 1 month ago
The Classe and McIntosh would be great amp choices for the Triton 1's. To be fair, the Anthem amp you auditioned sounds like the A2, which is on the low end of the Statement line. Next in their line is the P2 (great amp...I own one) then comes the M1($3499 each, monaural).

You also might consider decware.com. The Zen Mystery Amp ($5695.00) looks fantastic. Also, the Zen Torii MK4 ($3499.00)...I'm 98% sure this will be MY new amp. Another promising amp...The PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP (3899.00 stereo/7798.00 mono)

Whatever you purchase, let us know:-) :-) Decisions... Decisions...Decisions :-) :-)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton amplification