file Placement of Triton Sevens in a small square room.

• Phoenixmike's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Phoenixmike Posted 10 years 7 months ago
I've got an 11'x11' room with 9' ceilings. I know that this isn't ideal but it's all I have to work with. Can you give me a recommendation on distances from the rear and side walls. Also, this is a pretty bare room with carpet on the floor. Would you recommend some sort of soft material or acoustic panels to the side walls adjacent to the speakers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Hi Phoenixmike,
You will want to experiment with placement a good bit, and see what sounds the best to you. But the T7s are supposed to be awesome speakers, and I really think you will come up with wonderful sound.
I would start with the speakers around a foot from the side walls and a foot out from the back walls. That should put them about 9 feet apart, and then try to sit about 9 feet away from each speaker, and equilateral triangle. Toe the speakers in so that they are each pointed to your right and left shoulders or ears.
That position may not be the best, but it is a good place to start. Then you can make small adjustments and see if you get an improvement, or it the music sounds worse.
You will get a lot of good exercise getting up and down, moving speakers and then hurrying back to your sweet seat to listen.
I have the bigger Tritons and find that even a small adjustment makes an audible difference in sound and imaging.
The important thing is to enjoy the process AND the music as you listen.
This is fun after all, good listening,
God Bless, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 7 months ago
That's a good start from Wayne, given the small room you may want to encroach on the side walls a bit more, maybe as close as 6-8". You definitely want to kill first reflections to some degree, so yes, put stuff on the walls. Doesn't have to be acoustic panels, although that's certainly nice. You can expect a pretty good peak in the room due to the equal dimensions, so if the room has a door, keep it open. And furniture helps break up waves - and sitting a bit off the back wall will put you in less of a node. Bass traps or room EQ may be needed to flatten out the bass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Phoenixmike's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
Phoenixmike Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll try both and see how it works.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Placement of Triton Sevens in a small square room.