file Crackle/Hiss

• jfbhd4's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
jfbhd4 Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Sorry to be posting so many questions, but where else can I get such great advice???

I have noticed a crackle at low hertz.

I have an integra reciever and the triton 2s are set up as full range/large.

I have also noticed a sort of hissing right before and after dialogue.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Hi jfbhd4,
I have been looking for crickets and not finding them, sounds like you have some hissing cockroaches though.

Seriously, I know this is not funny to you. I wish I could help you but without more info, would not know where to start.
Have you tried the usual trouble shooting things? Like do you get the crackle at low hertz when you are not playing music, or movies? Is it controlled by volume, ie get louder or softer when you change the volume? Is it there on all source inputs? I am assuming the crackle is on the subs on the T2s? Where are you hearing pre and post dialogue hiss? Is that on the T2 tweeters, or are you using a center channel speaker where this is happening?
Do you have an old receiver which could have dirty contacts? I have heard crackle when turning up and down volume on equipment with dirty contacts.
If you can check some of these things out, and tell us more, we MIGHT be able to help.
I hope you get it sorted out fast, happy listening, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 8 months ago
Hard to troubleshoot over the internet. If the noise persists when not connected to your receiver and with no input other than power (make sure the speaker has been triggered on first, ie, green light is on), contact your dealer for support on the Triton. It may need to have the electronics swapped out if they are making noise. Anything else is likely not the speaker, but again, hard to troubleshoot via internet. Solicit your local dealer's support to help you figure out the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitkow33

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Crackle/Hiss