file Kick it up a notch..

• mmartinnyc's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
mmartinnyc Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Greetings-

I've had my Triton home theatre for about a year and although it sounds great, I'd like to know what you think might be a worthwhile speaker configuration upgrade?

I have the Triton 3's, a 50C and super sat 3's placed in the rear corners of a 11' x 12' room.

So what would you recommend?
1. Would I gain any appreciable sub-bass adding a Forcefield to the back of the room?
2. Add 2 most sat 3's and reposition for side and rear channel?
3. Add 2 sat 50's for sides and move the 3's to the rear?

Other suggestions?

Thanks Guys!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Before throwing out suggestions, what were you hoping to/did you want to gain? And just as a reference for what's worth upgrading, what's your current electronics?

mmartinnyc Posted 10 years 9 months ago
First off, thank you for providing this forum. What a valuable resource for optimizing my system.

To answer your question, 1. If my system is properly EQ'd would i gain any appreciable sub-base by adding a forcefield?

2. What surround config would you recommend that would result in a more immersive/satisfying experience?

Using a Marantz 6006 and an Oppo BDP-93. Considering swapping out the Marantz for an NAD 757 primarily for ease of use and a better display in addition to whatever improvement there may be in audio quality. Any thoughts?

Thanks much, I'll have a few system setting questions later on.

Mike

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 9 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
You're welcome, glad you are enjoying it.

1. If you want noticeably deeper/more bass for movies, add a ForceField 5 as an LFE-only sub anywhere in the room.
2. A 7-channel setup with surrounds and rears is nice, especially for larger rooms. New surround modes are out or on the horizon that add height speakers too.

The NAD is excellent, can't really say if it is an improvement sonically over the Marantz, and if so to what degree.Perhaps other users might have some input for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, mmartinnyc

• Dark's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 109
Dark Posted 10 years 9 months ago
I'd like to put in my recommendation for the NAD. The price is right, and that's what I upgraded from my old Onkyo 506. I can't compare it to other receivers in its price bracket, but I can tell you that it sounds wonderful. Everything just sounds a bit more refined, and I'm finally getting that great mid/low-midrange 'crunch' sound that you get from a great movie sound effects like a breaking building that you can hear in a really nice theater.

I'd also note that I think the NAD has a bit 'warmer' sound which I think matches excellently with my Triton Threes that I previously thought were a little lacking in it's midrange output.

Music's never sounded better. And everything for that matter.

I will note, that I did have to exchange one because the amp section died. Also, its noise floor is a little louder than I'd like. There's a high pitched sound that emits noticeably at around -8db that is consistent across the three different NADs that I heard. It's a little annoying because on quieter recordings where I need to turn up the volume to get a 75db measured output, it needs to be around -10:-15db in my small room. For reference, most of what I need to listen to (most of my music collect, gaming on my xbox 360, and watching tv) I'm usually listening around -25db +/-5db and that high pitched sound isn't noticeable.

With that issue, I still would recommend this receiver because it doesn't have unnecessary features and clearly has an 'audio quality' first approach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, mmartinnyc

mmartinnyc Posted 10 years 2 months ago
I swapped out the Marantz SR 6006 with the NAD T 757 and yes the sound quality is better but the unit shuts down during audio intensive Blu-ray's. The volume is only at -15DB so I can't imagine My T3's super sats and center are are clipping the amp but what else could it be? Using the supplied Audyssey for room correction, it set the fronts at +7db, center at +8 and rears at +9db so could that be overdriving the amp?

Thanks.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Kick it up a notch..