file Integrated amp to match with new Triton 7's

• Bluesman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 7
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Bluesman Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Hello All. Just received my new Triton 7's :) I have Emotiva mono-blocks and pre-amp and really would like to simplify with a 1 box solution (integrated). I no longer have my power hungry Magnepans. What are some of you using to mate with the 7's and enjoying? A number of possibilities come to my mind, new Rogue Sphinx is one. Anthem 225 has been recommended as has a Marantz. Just curious as to what is working for you folks. I listen to classic rock and electric blues mainly.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Hey Bluesman,
Sounds like we have similar taste in music, and I got rid of Maggies a long time ago, but just recently got rid of my Apogee Stages, which were so power hungry too. I would suggest you MIGHT want to look at Vincent, they also have hybrid tube and solid state designs, I like the fact that some play the first few watts in Class A too. They sound pretty sweet, but give more drive than straight tubes, to give you that good Rock and Roll.
I am gonna ask, if you don't mind, you said you are into Electric Blues, can you give some suggestions, who do you listen to? I love the blues, but am not sure who you are talking about.
Any recommendations from a Bluesman would be appreciated.
Hope you find what you want,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Bluesman's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 7
Bluesman Posted 10 years 10 months ago
Thanks for the input. I will consider the Vincent. I live way upstate, NY and auditioning gear is impractical. So, I must rely on advise and internet research. For the blues, lots of good choices. Some of my faves- Albert King, Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray (of course), Otis Rush, Little Charlie and the Nightcats, Duke Robillard, Anson Funderburgh, Smoking Joe Kubek, early Eric Clapton. That's a solid start. There are many new artists who are very good as well.
Enjoy,
Dan
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 10 months ago
One of our forum members is being blessed sonically with the Yamaha AS-2000 integrated amp. Wow, just wow, describes the Triton 7's paired with the Yamaha. B)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluesman

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Integrated amp to match with new Triton 7's