• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
T Cobe Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Sabaivibe,

Congrats on the purchase! I'm temporarily using the Aon 3s as my L/R speakers in my theater and listening room until I can afford the T1s. The Aons sounded good at my dealer but even better in my home. They are the first bookshelf speaker that I have heard that I easily live with day in and day out. They really are amazing. The best part is they are flexible in terms of room placement and sound GREAT right out of the box! While GE recommends a break in period, you'll be enjoying audio bliss on day one. Can't wait to hear how you like them and what they sound like on a good amp.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sabaivibe's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 14
sabaivibe Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Sawahdee Khap Wayne,

I'm very jealous. I wish I still lived over there. I taught at an international school off of highway 36....International School of the Regents. The person who started the school...Dr. Virichai Techavijit is my uncles best friend. I absolutely love Thailand. I'm not Thai though. Dr. Virichai just happened to study in the states at the same university as my Uncle and dad. Thanks on the offer for the house! I'm actually buying one in the next few months in the states! Ha ha! Did you take the photo attached to your response? It's quite good. I am very much into photography. I love shooting. Thailand of course is a great place to do so. Have a great day. I appreciate the warmth and info on this forum. I'm glad I joined. I just picked up my Aon 3's today. Can't wait to listen to them. They are amazing!

Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: forgot to ask info_outline
Khob Khun Mak na krap Brian,
Thanks for your good response. I am so happy to hear you got the Aon 3s, I think you will love them.
Congratulations!!!!!
Yes, I know that school, at least I passed by it a lot of times, looks nice. I know some poor little rich kids that go there, really spoiled and some of the poorest kids I ever saw in my life, in terms of the things that lead to happiness, NOT in terms of money. SAD.
Thanks for the good comment on the photo, I passed it on to my wife who took the pic with her mobile phone one day. It is our front yard with an awesome rainbow.
Glad you are enjoying this forum, me too.
Please let us know how the Aons are sounding, more about your setup if you will.
And keep checking back with us, we need more sabai sabai around here!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
Oh, did you get the NAD????
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem, T Cobe

Wayne,

I haven't gotten the amp yet. He has had it for awhile so I'm hoping it will be around. I am selling my beloved car and I am having an issue with it fixed tomorrow. I couldn't sell it in good faith knowing it has a problem. That is eating up my amp money. I absolutely love the speakers. I am using a Yamaha RX-V673 receiver in a two channel setup for now. Eventually I would like to add a Forcefield 3 sub to extend the bass a bit. I don't need anything ground shaking. Just clean and punchy. I agree with you on the children at ISR. They were a tough lot to deal with. Very spoiled and broken. I taught martial arts, English, and helped run the senior boys boarding house. That was very, very challenging. They aren't used to being told no or having structure. It was great working there though. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Wish I had stayed longer. Dr. Virichai is one of the most successful men in Thailand. It would have been nice working my way up under his guidance. It has been a pleasure talking to you. Hopefully if I ever come over there I'll visit if you don't mind. For now my girlfriend lives and works in Singapore so I won't be making it to Thailand too much in the near future.

Chokdee Khap,

Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 6 months ago
Hi Sabai Brian,
Thanks for the update, I can understand about having to wait to buy things, I often do.
Glad you agree about those poor (rich) school kids. I am finding that not many kids know the word NO anymore, nor have been raised with any discipline. SAD for them.
Speaking of, I am working in S'pore this week. Too bad you are not here.
I would look at the FF 5 sub, or at least the 4, I think the 3 would be too small for most uses. Just my opinion though.
Glad you are getting to listen to some good tunes now though.
Happy listening, and please keep in touch,
God Bless, Praw Jaow oy pon yer yer na krap (as we say over here)
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Wayne,

That's a shame you will be in Singapore. I was supposed to leave tomorrow but we are getting about 5-7" of snow if not more. I have a few things to get ready for my new home as well. Another time. I'll take your advise about the sub. I just want a little more punch but I think a ten inch woofer would be better. I'll head to the local Golden Ear Dealer in Cincinnati and listen to what they have to get a better idea. I've been listening to the Aon 3's all day today. I'm totally in love with them. They are amazing. The tweeters are brilliant. I'm really missing Thailand now. Maybe before it snows I'll head down to the local Thai restaurant and get some Tom Kha Ghai. They make it to where it is actually better than in Thailand. Hard to do for an American Thai restaurant! I did have a chance to hear the Triton 1's at the local Golden Ear dealer. They are amazing! I wish I could afford those! Best wishes..and if you happen to be on Facebook look me up under Brian Behringer. Have a great day!

Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Aon Series NAD amp with Aon 3's?