file Aon 2's sound quality question

• golfingff's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
golfingff Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Thanks Wayne. Yes, I put the distances in when I did the setup. Loving these speakers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• captain_pugwash's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
captain_pugwash Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Hi, I really like the look of the Aon 2's - I have a listening room measuring 4m x 5m, would they work well against the wall on stands or would they be better balanced standing out into the room? I listen to country & western such as Alison Krauss and a natural vocal tone is really important - I would be using them with a Naim SuperUniti all in one system.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Captain,
The Aon 2s should sound wonderful in that room, though you might want to look at the Aon 3s for a little more bass and fullness. Triton 7s for a little more of everything.
I think if you put them on decent stands and out a bit from the rear and side walls, your system should drive them nicely and you should have a really good sound.
Experiment a bit with placement, toe-in, etc.
I am sure you will be pleased as these speakers are killer good for the price and size.
BUT, if you are buying them now, and IF you can spring for a little more, I would go up a step or two in speaker size and I think, in the long run, over the years, it will be money well spent.
In any case, please let us know what you decided, and how you got on.
and Enjoy the music!!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• golfingff's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
golfingff Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by golfingff. info_outline
Captain, I have 5 of the Aon 2's in a room that is approx 16' x 30' room and they sound incredible. I was going to get the Aon 3's but I wanted to keep the speakers a bit more compact to compromise with the wife. I am super happy with the sound. The vocals sound absolutely incredible and natural. I listen to all kinds of music from classical to jazz to punk rock.

I do have a question that has come up regarding the Forcefield 4 sub though. I was told in an earlier post to turn the crossover all the way to the max (150) and the volume knob to about 10 o'clock. Now when I am watching shows where there is a quieter segment, I notice a low popping-type sound that comes and goes intermittently. I never noticed it before I made the adjustments. It will sort of pop about 4 times (kind of a softer background popping) and stop. It will do this every 3-5 mins or so? Wondering what the problem could be as it is quite distracting to have this noise when it isn't supposed to be there. I have since turned the volume knob down to about the 8 o'clock position as the bass was overpowering at this level. The popping still remains however. Thanks for any help with this!

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 7 months ago

I notice a low popping-type sound that comes and goes intermittently

If you are sure its coming from the ForceField sub, first make sure everything is plugged in tight. If the problem persists, unplug the audio cable from the sub. If the popping sound persists, I'd say the sub has a problem and you should contact your dealer for warranty service. If the sound goes away, it is coming from the electronics and is not the sub, in which case I don't know what to suggest other than to contact your dealer or the receiver manufacturer for support.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 7 months ago

I have a listening room measuring 4m x 5m, would they work well against the wall on stands or would they be better balanced standing out into the room?

Most prefer the speakers be out in the room a bit, at least a foot from the back wall and at least 6-8" from the side wall, toed-in toward your center listening position. This positioning will give you the best soundstage and imaging and the best balance (bass will be elevated from the boundary of the walls if too close).

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Aon Series Aon 2's sound quality question