file A new center?

• alparkranger's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
alparkranger Posted 12 years 2 months ago
The only negative review I've heard relates to the SS50C and the belief it is "not up to snuff" w the TT2's. Is there any plans to create a more (robust?) center channel? Maybe even powered? No matter the real truth, there will always be doubts about the 50C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 12 years 2 months ago
This topic has been addressed on this forum, in our website FAQ, and on various other A/V and Home Theater forums. For a full discussion please review those posts.

To answer your question, no, there is no plan to make a larger center for the TritonCinema system as there would be no benefit.

• alparkranger's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 8
alparkranger Posted 12 years 2 months ago
If I was to use a sub with the Tritons - big room so I need a bit more "umph" - how would I set up my receiver?

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 12 years 2 months ago
Good question - depends a bit on placement, and whether you want the sub to play all the time, or just on movie effects, and/or whether you want the whole system to play louder. Also, you would need to be looking at a pretty serious sub to really augment a pair of Tritons in any way. Have you tried just turning up the bass level control on the Tritons a bit?

When adding a sub, if the sub is gong in the corner, side or back of the room, I would suggest a LFE-only approach: Set sub to "Yes" and keep everything else the same. This will direct all channels' bass to the "Large" Tritons but send LFE channel information to the sub.

If you can place the sub toward the center-front of your theater you can get the sub to play more and increase the system's overall playing ceiling. Change the L/R Main Tritons to "Small" with a 80Hz crossover setting and subwoofer to "Yes".

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back