file Speaker Echo

• justoinatm's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
justoinatm Posted 12 years 5 months ago
I bought the Triton Two's, SuperSat 50, and SuperSat 3's about a month ago. I am impressed so far and love them, but I have some questions on the center speaker.

The center seems some what muffled with an echo at times, mostly during conversation during movies. I have only had them for a month, so I don't know if it has to do with the break in time. I have a Denon reciever and ran Audyessy to setup the speakers. During Setup, I received an error on the center, but it said to check the speaker connection to maker sure the wires were hooked up correctly. It also said that the error may come up even if everything was hooked up correctly and to ignore if you were sure of the setup.

Maybe I should just raise the volume of the center speaker, but thought i would bring it here to get some suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Thanks for your purchase. There are two or three likely causes. First, is the speaker positioned properly so that the listener is on-axis with the tweeter's vertical dispersion window (either installation height or angle)? This is critical for the narrower vertical dispersion of the SuperSat 50C.

Second, is the crossover set properly - the 50C should be crossed over around 120Hz in a TritonCinema system?

Lastly, I have NEVER heard Audyssey do a good job with the GoldenEar speakers - and most often has made matters much worse. Other forum members may chime in here, but we have had many people reset their receivers and do manual setup (without Audyssey) and get MUCH better results.

Hope this helps.

• justoinatm's Avatar Offline school
justoinatm Posted 12 years 5 months ago
Thanks for the quick response. I do have the crossover set at 120. The center speaker is below my TV on a stand so it is probably a little lower than I would like it.

I will find a way to create more of an angle there and see if it improves the sound. Thanks again.

• jsommojr's Avatar Offline
jsommojr Posted 11 years 2 months ago
This is an old post but I also had an echo problem. I tried changing many settings on my Integra Receiver but nothing worked. I then decided to do a factory reset on the receiver. After the reset the echo went away. Of course I had to reset all the crossovers and other settings but is was worth it.
JS

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Thanks for the feedback - this confirms what we have been telling people with similar issues and I believe it has to do with Audyssey settings/EQ that does not clear out without a full factory reset. Good to know this is the right answer, thanks again.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back