file Color

• sebland2's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
sebland2 Posted 13 years 3 days ago
Are the SuperSat 3's available in white?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 13 years 3 days ago
Sorry, in the words of Henry Ford, "you can get them in any color, as long as its black". For now, just in gloss black, maybe white at some point in the future. I understand that you can get Fords in many colors now :) .

If you really want them in white, ask your GoldenEar dealer. Many have custom divisions that can probably make them any color you want (at additional cost, of course).

• JasonHofmann's Avatar Offline
JasonHofmann Posted 12 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by JasonHofmann. Reason: adding image tag info_outline
I'm ready to purchase a complete HT system based on GoldenEar speakers for my new apartment. The setup will be as follows:

2 x Triton Two towers
1 x SuperSat 50C
2 x SuperSat 3C

I have a major cosmetic problem (a.k.a Wife problem) though - the SuperSat 3C's will be mounted on the vertical face of a soffit above a floor-to-ceiling window, behind the listening position, which is painted light grey. Unfortunately, the speakers will be very visible by side-profile when first walking into the apartment. It would look *much* better if they were white. (Long exposure night shot included for fun).

Can you elaborate on the customization technique? Does the dealer order white grilles from you, or do they "re-upholster" them? Do they spray paint the cabinet? Any time-frame for a factory White option? If I could get them in White, I could probably convince the powers that be (my Wife) to add two Side speakers for 7.1.

Lastly, I am thinking about mounting them with these (made by a competitor, I know!):
Definitive Technology Pro-Mount 90

Any other mount suggestions? I would prefer a white mount. I would like to use a mount, rather than the key-holes, so I can angle them down towards the listening position.

Best Regards,

Jason Hofmann

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by JasonHofmann. info_outline
Can't get the photo to show, oh well...

farm8.staticflickr.com/7034/6427879387_88d5bd5fd0_b.jpg

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 12 years 4 months ago
If I understand your question, you want to make the SS3C's white? The case and grille are certainly paintable (we do not have any color options and have no timetable for adding any). Care must be taken to spray the grille with a thinned paint to prevent clogging the holes. Also, the baffle behind the grille will probably show through so you may need to place a white "scrim" under the grille. An auto paint shop could probably mask and paint them for you. Maybe light gray to match the wall?

The bracket you mention will work fine - I believe Omnimount also makes a suitable bracket - maybe in white as well.

Oh, I didn't realize the SS3C's has a metal grille - I assumed it was a cloth sock like the Towers. That's great news. Any suggestions for where to source acoustically neutral "scrim" cloth?

Jason

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back