file SuperSat 60C Poor Connector Design

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 months ago
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
No worries - we have been trying to keep things very friendly and informative here, this is supposed to be fun after all. :-)

I understand your issue with the spades - the SuperSat chassis is very small and space inside the box is very limited - no doubt a compromise was made in order to keep the size as compact as possible with the expectation that most users would have bare wire, banana or small spades. There are some very cool big speaker wire spade lugs out there, I remember one from Kimber that had a compression fitting on the end. Very cool, but I don't think I got it to fit on any speaker I owned at the time.

As with all such issues raised by users, I have forwarded your criticism to the engineering team for consideration. Sometimes this kind of feedback leads to new thinking and new ways to address an issue.

Regarding cutting off the spade lugs, I agree, and the solution I would suggest is to get banana plugs that accept spade lugs - I believe Monster used to make some that were like that? That way at least you can listen to the speakers with your existing connectors and decide what speaker or wiring plan makes the most sense for you.

Thanks for your purchases and thanks for participating in the forum ... but be nice please :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3416
Moderator Posted 11 years 2 months ago

planetbrian wrote:

Moderator wrote: Let me get this straight, now the numbering of the speakers bothers you too? Hmm .... no comment.

It does not necessarily bother me, but it seems out of the normal naming convention.

LOL - can't argue there. You need to meet Sandy :-)

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 11 years 2 months ago
There's a solution to every problem. I use banana plugs (local Radio Shack) for my speaker cables that have spades.

Unscrew the banana plug, insert cable spade, tighten, then insert banana post into speaker post.

Works for any size spade. :)
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

• mbroadus's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 30
mbroadus Posted 8 years 11 months ago

planetbrian wrote: I was really excited to get my SuperSat 60C and then I saw the connector design and tried to connect my spade connectors. I am not sure who designed the connector layout, but it really is a VERY poor design. If you have a quality spade connector on your speaker cables then forget trying to connect them to the 60c. The tiny box that houses the connectors is so small that it is impossible to connect your spades unless you have really thin and cheap spades that you can bend.

I am highly disappointed in whoever designed and approved this. I thought the design of the Triton connectors were somewhat of a lesser quality design, but the 60c connector design is down right poor engineering. I did not even get a chance to listen to it.

This 60c is going back and I won't be buying anymore GoldenEars.

Buyer beware...now you know.

Banana plugs are your friends.
Sony 65A8H OLED
Panasonic P60VT60 Calibrated by Chad B
Anthem MRX-720, Naim Uniti Nova, Oppo UDP-203
Focal Aria 936, Focal Aria CC900
AppleTV 3 & 4K, Sony PS4 Pro

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 11 months ago
After rereading this post from over 2 years ago, plantbrian needs a "time out"...it's amazing how quickly people come to a conclusion, without first doing just a little bit of homework.

I have the SS60C...I'll admit the design is not perfect, and somewhat ackward, but there is an solution to everything. I have an Audioquest Volcano with spades that I use for center channel duties. I too, found that spades didn't work on the 60C...what to do? Banana plugs screwed on to spades...bingo.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support SuperSat Series SuperSats SuperSat 60C Poor Connector Design