file Triton cinema setup, with a 3rd subwoofer

• Kpump1's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Kpump1 Posted 12 years 8 months ago
Just ordered
I just plunked down the coin on a set of the triton two's ss50c and the 30's for the 5.1 I have a couple questions? One I am coming from atlantic technology system 350 with bipole surrounds. I have not heard the surround from the ss30 units and they are direct speakers? Do they create the nice seamlesss surround stage that bipoles do? I have read the imaging is awesome and they would not need to be bipoles with these? I Hope so, I just took the plunge and risking it. I also wondered about anothe subwoofer, I have a svs-pb12-nsd that I just got.
Thinking about putting it right under the center channel right in the middle of the tritons? the room is a rectangle, 14w x 20d x 10h. Would that be the best positon probably? better than on the right or left by the tritons I would assume.
Then run the tritons full range high level inputs. Then the lfe to the svs cutoff at like 80hz, or lower? Thanks for any help, should get them later this week maybe. My pioneer elite sc-35 should be enough power, it is the older one from last year with the ice amps, I really liked it with the atlantics. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 12 years 8 months ago
Thanks for your purchase, you won't be disappointed! I'll Try to answer your questions below:
  • The incredible dispersion of the SuperSat speakers makes them great surrounds, combining the desired attributes of both direct radiators and the bipole/dipole type surround speakers.
  • Placing a third subwoofer in the center of the room is a fine idea - implementation can be a bit tricky but you have the right idea. Set Triton's too "Large" and now Subwoofer to "Yes" - which sends LFE-only to the additional sub. Crossover should be set to 120 Hz for the sub (no crossover for the L/R Tritons) to capture all possible LFE frequencies.
  • The Pioneer receiver should do an excellent job of driving the TritonCinema.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Triton cinema setup, with a 3rd subwoofer