file triton 7 placement

• sibhus's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
sibhus Posted 9 years 9 months ago
So ended up picking up a set of T7 for the front mains. I was curious how far from the front wall they should be placed. Currently i have mine set 2ft from the front wall and toed in about 20 degrees. Just looking for opinions?

Thanks Kal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 9 months ago
What are your room dimensions and how far away are you seated?

Thus far, are the 7's as wonderful as Bro. Wayne is hootin' & hollerin' about?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• sibhus's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
sibhus Posted 9 years 9 months ago
room dimensions are 14 x 25. T7s are 10ft apart and im about 11ft from them. 2ft forward of front wall.

So far they sound great, i spent quite a bit of time listening to these vs the T2s and honestly could not hear a difference aside from the added bass. In my case i run a infinite baffle sub system so tower speakers wont keep up with my subs.

The T7s do sound awesome. I can only compare these to prior polks and magnepans which i just sold off and they frankly i like them so much better. GEs are a lot of bang for the buck and awesome for home theatre unlike the prior speakers ive owned.

My setup is T7s front, sat60c center, sat50s for rear and back surround powered by Emotiva amps. 4 15s in an infinite baffle.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 9 months ago
Sounds like you have a great system going.GE brings a lot to the table, i bet you'll be happy for years to come. Can you move the 7's one more foot out into the room? If not, can they be spread another foot apart...you are sitting slightly to far back. Angle each speaker toward your L/R ear. Experiment, experiment, experiment, that's the key.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema triton 7 placement