file Set Clarification

• wirenut's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
wirenut Posted 13 years 5 months ago
OK - 24hrs to go. My dealer confirmed with me yesterday for delivery tomorrow! On Saturday no less! :woohoo:
Downloaded the manual online and just want to be sure my initial set up is in line with the suggestions regarding speaker size and bass management settings of my receiver. I may be reading to much into it but my anticipation is effecting the clarity of my thought process.
1. Only speaker wire to the towers.
2. Front L/R set to "large - full range" sub-woofer "no"
3. Then for the 50C and SAT3's in a surround setup:
All 3 set to "small" and sub-woofer "yes"??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Moderator Posted 13 years 5 months ago
You got it - almost. You only tell the bass management system about the subwoofer once, in this case it would be "No" or "None". This, along with the L/R speakers set to "Large" and the Center and Surrounds(/Rears if applicable) set to "Small", will direct the low frequencies* from all 5.1 (7.1) channels to the front L/R speakers.

*Because you have a setting of "Small" on the Center and Surrounds/Rears, you will be asked to set a crossover point (s) for these speakers. This crossover setting will determine how much of the low frequencies are getting sent to the "Large" L/R speakers (and taken away from the "Small" speakers). If your receiver's bass management system allows you to set a crossover for each speaker set, we would recommend 80-120Hz on the SuperSat 50C Center and 100-150Hz on the SuperSat 3 Surrounds.

Have fun!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema Set Clarification