file recommended room size for Triton Two

• Swei's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 0
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Swei Posted 11 years 10 months ago
Do you have a recommended room size (volume in cubic feet) for a Triton Two theater setup??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 11 years 10 months ago
Medium to large rooms work best, an average good size might be something like 18x22, 14x16 might be a reasonable minimum, 22x30 a reasonable maximum.

if I am on the large side, amy rec's to improve performance?? Would it make sense to add a couple big subs and cross the Triton Twos at 60Hz so they don't get congested??

My totally uninformed amateur guess is that large room challenges are mostly about pressurization of lower frequencies, so as good as the Triton Two may be for regular rooms, as they approach 5,000 to 6,000 cu ft, it's hard for them to pressurize.

Exactly right (not so uniformed an amateur after all!) A lot depends on how loud you want the system to play. I've heard the TritonCinema system in rooms that large, and even larger, and it did quite well (it actually produced more bass energy than I thought possible). I would start with the basic system before deciding to add "more". If needed, the next step would be to add a subwoofer to handle LFE-only, which will add significantly to the system's dynamic capability for movies. Tritons would still be set as "Large", no crossover, but sub would now be set to "Yes".

Because of the way bass management systems function and because the SuperSat 50C center is designed to use the Tritons for center channel bass reproduction, adding sub(s) to augment the Tritons beyond LFE-only can be tricky. In particular, sub location becomes critical.

OK, clearly this means that Sandy should get to work on a Triton One. A big, badass tower that can handle big rooms and folks who need high SPLs. :cheer:

Yes it does :-)

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series TritonCinema recommended room size for Triton Two