file Low tone crackle Right Channel

• tlueders's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
tlueders Posted 3 years 3 weeks ago
I finally put my ear to the speaker. Should have done that in the first place. Crackle Sound is coming from the midrange speaker. Is it time for a repair?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 3 years 3 weeks ago
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by rjohn79395. info_outline
Is this driver in the left front T3?

It’s good that you kept looking for the source of the issue. Kind of puzzling that music plays flawlessly but only some movies and tv shows cause the issue. It appears to be sound level related, so maybe you play music at a lower level?

Yeah, it’s a good idea to get GoldenEar tech support and/or your local dealer involved in diagnosing, fixing.

Best of luck!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV

• tlueders's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
tlueders Posted 3 years 2 weeks ago
Latest update.

Yes, there is a problem with the bass as I described to a tech in town. I was presented with two options . 1) get the Tritons fixed and be weeks without it.
2) purchase a separate subwoofer to take the load of the Tritons. This is the option I chose

I bought a Forcefield Four and it rocks! Clicking as noise is gone. I tested against same movie scenes.

I set the Tritons as small.

Everything works great…..but my curiosity has been aroused. What would the sound be if I also hard wired the Tritons sub with rca cables. Would that bring the problem back and would there be any benefit?

At some point I will get the woofer repaired. Dude thought it might be a circuit board or driver issue.

I must say the expansion in sound is remarkable with the Sub.

Importantly my perception about the Triton woofers is changed. I considered them a power subwoofer, which they are not. The Tritons have a powered woofer, duh, not a powered sub. Once I got that in my head it’s all making sense.

I also caught the explanation from a 2918 post.

Thanks for all the help and I will provide updates if appreciate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Low tone crackle Right Channel