exclamation-circle Triton One's with Emotiva XPA -DR2 Amplifier

• bradius3000's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 17
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
bradius3000 Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Hi guys,

I'm sitting at checkout, facing an Emotiva XPA -DR2 Differential Amplifier to pair with my Triton Ones, and wanted to ensure that it is compatible with them before checking out...Your experience is appreciated , thanks.

Brad
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Hey Brad: I don't think you'll have any problems with the T1's & Emotiva DR2 amp playing nicely together. I have a cousin in Tennessee that has a Emotiva DR2 paired with a pair of Von Schweikert speakers...loves it.

I own a pair of Emotiva xpa-1(Gen 1) mono's that I've used with both my T2'S & T Refs...Excellent sound.

Don't really think you can go wrong with the DR2.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Hi Brad, The Emotiva XPA-DR2 amplifier is fully compatible with all of the GoldenEar Triton towers (with built-in powered subwoofers). The negative speaker terminals on these towers are not grounded to earth. Happy Listening!
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395

bradius3000 Posted 3 years 6 months ago
Thank you very much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• CarcosaTerp's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 0
CarcosaTerp Posted 3 years 4 months ago

Hi guys,

I'm sitting at checkout, facing an Emotiva XPA -DR2 Differential Amplifier to pair with my Triton Ones, and wanted to ensure that it is compatible with them before checking out...Your experience is appreciated , thanks.

Brad

I’m literally about to buy the XPA-DR2 for a set of One.Rs, do you have yours set up yet and how does it sound? I’m also debating on wether going with a XPA-3 Gen 3 or XPA-DR3 for a set of Triton 5s as my surround and a super center reference. I know 275W/ch from the XPA-3 is more than enough to power them and the 450W/ch is probably overkill (not by much) but I’ve read the DR sounds just a touch cleaner than the regular XPA line

bradius3000 Posted 3 years 3 months ago
My apologies for my delayed response, I couldn't pull myself away from the great room stereo.
The pairing of GE Tritons with the Emotiva XPA DR series amplifier is excellent. The additional power and clarity absolutely make the Tritons shine. I've paired those pieces with the new Cambridge Audio MagicDAC 200M to run balanced end to end and it's magnificent. I was hesitant as well but the speakers embrace the power with ease, they really step up and stay poised and accurate. I have zero regrets.

If you decide to go this route .....Enjoy!

.....Back to the music!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton One's with Emotiva XPA -DR2 Amplifier