file Triton Three + As Surround?

• aribraun's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 54
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
aribraun Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Hi Everyone,

Its been a while since I have been on here. I have a T1 (L/R), SCXXL (C), SS3 (Height, SRL/SRR, SBL/SBR) system with a Denon Receiver and Emotiva Amp on the 5 main channels. I recently change listening modes from direct mode to audessy off but with Dolby iix with Auddessy X (for Height channels) and its sounding much better. Bass is punchier and notes are clearer.

I recently saw that GET started selling directly on their site and decided to get the Triton Three + (just ordered them) to replace my Surround L/R SS3's (i'll keep the other SS3's). Figured I will get more balanced bass and better surround overall. One issue is that I only have speaker cables in the back and no RCA cables. I found a wireless (5.8 ghz) transmitter for the RCA signall to the back of my Den (see link below). Hopefully this works without too much delay. Just running the Triton Three + on Full Band with Speak cable, to me, would not get enough Bass (also my experience with my T1's).

Any thoughts on the wireless RCA and moving to the Triton Three + as surrounds? Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Ari

www.walmart.com/ip/5-8Ghz-Wireless-Audio...Transmitter/40500170
L/R: Triton 1
C: SuperCenter XXL
FLH/FRH: SuperSat 3
SL/SR: Triton 3+
SBL/SBR: SuperSat 3
Denon AVR 4311CI
Emotiva XPA 5 (Gen 2) for L/C/R/SL/SR
DSPeaker Anti Mode 8033 Sub EQ
Oppo BDP-103D
Samsung UN 55C8000 (2010)
Apple TV 4
Motorola Verizon FiOS Box
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Hi Ari and glad you are back posting again.
I think that is great that you are getting the T3+s for surrounds, should sound much better!!!!!
I just went around the perimeter of my home theater with long RCAs and hide them under the rugs.
I have not heard of nor tried your wireless, let us know how it works.
IF there is any delay, you can simply reduce the delay from your Denon because there should be delay to the surrounds.
You will be fine and we look forward to a report, you are doing something new.
Have fun with it, happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, aribraun, HTSME

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
rjohn79395 Posted 6 years 3 months ago
Hi, aribraun

Interesting way to get LFE feeds to surrounds! Let us know how it works for you.

Re T3+’s as surrounds, heck yes!!! I just love the “beef” and extra bass distribution that comes with powered Tritons in surround positions! Example, tank battle in the “Fury” Blu-ray, where American Sherman tanks in front are engaged with German Tiger tanks in back. Holy cow! Bass front and back just brings that home, makes you want to jump out of your seat. Heard that same scene with just front (really good) bass. Not the same. Only way to get similar is with a free standing sub in back.

I’d love some feedback after you’ve got it all set up, re both how the wireless approach works, and how you like the extra bass kick and distribution you get with the T3+’s kicking in.

Happy listening!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, aribraun, HTSME

aribraun Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Update:

Got the T3+ and the wireless transmitter. As expected, the T3+’s are a solid addition and especially round out the bass response in the room along with the T1’s in the front (definitely pressurize’s the room better) The RCA transmitter did not work out as the noise floor
In stand by was too loud and created a constant hum on the sub section of the T3+. Instead I ran a 25 foot RCA to a
splitter going to each T3+.

I’ve really been enjoying some music tonight with the new setup. Drums are tight but truly impactful. Listening to some Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds and the guitar solos are unreal.

Anyone have any music suggestions to demo the T3+’s added bass in the surround channels?

Thanks,
Ari
Denon AVR 4311CI
Oppo BDP-103D
Apple TV 4

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 6 years 2 months ago
Great report, thanks for the update Ari!!!!!
Well done, adding the T3+s was genius!!!!
I can imagine the wireless deal would be trouble, but glad you ran some longer wires and got it done.
Enjoy, that should sound much fuller and better.
Always great hearing back, thanks so very much.
Happy listening, I have the Matthews/Reynolds on a Blu Ray concert, is that what you are listening to? Awesome playing and sound. Look at the Blu Ray thread and skip the movies, there are some more great ones there.
Let us know what you like to listen to and how (CDs, SACDs, etc?) and we can make some more recommendations.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, aribraun

aribraun Posted 6 years 2 months ago
The upgrade bug is hitting me a bit harder. I decided to upgrade from my Denon AVR (4311 CI) to a Pre/Pro (Marantz AV-7703). I already have an Emotiva XPA-5 for the main channels and ordered their Emotiva A-500 for the Surround back and height channels. I will switch to XLR for the 5 main channels (A-500 amp only has RCA so stuck with that there). I debated getting the Marantz AV-8802A (the latest 8805 is $3000 more and just can't justify it) but its $1000 more and an older model no longer getting updates (the 7703 will get Airplay 2 update this summer). I am hoping that the topology and DAC's on the 7703 will be a nice upgrade from what I have now (plus want to try Auro as I don't have ceiling speakers for Atmos or DTSX at this time :).

I'll keep you all posted at the end of the week when I get it hooked up and setup. I am looking forward to tweaking.
Denon AVR 4311CI
Oppo BDP-103D
Apple TV 4

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton Three + As Surround?