file Parasound a21 vs emotiva xpa

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Steveo Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Thanks for the responses. It doesn't seem to matter with the source it is still the same.
Yes Wayne that's the exact song I was talking about. Don't get me wrong it sounds wonderful it's just when I turn it up considerably loud it feels I want to take the foot off the has a bit. It's not just the loudness but something there. For 95% of the time it's completely fine at normal listening levels and I am in a unit anyway so it's fine. It's just I feel if I keep it up there too long it's running out of juice so to speak and I guess straining is the word? It's hard to explain.

The inly reason I asked is because I am going down the rabbit hole with sound and cannot believe how much I am enjoying these speakers for music. I originally bought the t1s because it had matching speakers for home theatre but I am finding all of my spare time is dedicated to music listening. This was enhanced when I changed my source and finally woke up and converted my mp3 back to flac uncompressed 16/44 and some high def files with even some dsd. (thriller is amazing in dsd)

Wayne the is for the feedback Remind me what amp you are using. Is it the xpa5?
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Hey Thanks Steveo,
It sounds like you are really getting you sound together!!!!
It is great when you can hear the differences between different recording resolutions. And when you can hear that your amp or receiver
might be letting you down.
That means you have REALLY good speakers!!!!!!
The only Emotiva gear I have is the XMC=1 pre=processor.
My amps are from Vincent (German design but actually built in China to save on cost).
I really like these amps because they are hybrid, tube and transistors. They are balanced, I can play balanced all the way through from the Oppo, through the processor to the amps. That works and sounds better to me, and the connectors are rock solid.
The background is dead silent, blackness. So it is easy to hear whether or not I like the microphone Norah Jones is using. ha ha
Willie Nelson's CDs that are super well recorded, such as "Stardust" or "Spirit" you can hear what the microphone does to his sound.
Anyway, if you get a chance to audition some Vincent amps or a good hybrid amp, go for it. You should not have to turn it down, or feel the need to.
I hope this helps.
All the best, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjohn79395, T Cobe

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Thanks Wayne good suggestions. Let me look into those Vincent's
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, T Cobe

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
Sure Steveo,
I am not pushing my Vincents, although I HIGHLY recommend them, but you asked. There is a LOT of great gear out there.
Often amps are close enough that it might just come down to price, what you can get the best deal on.
And, other thread, YES, I think it is only you guys in NZ and the Kiwis that use that kind of electrical plug.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• DGA's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 56
DGA Posted 8 years 10 months ago
I've owned both of those amps with the Triton Ones. For me, the A21 was an upgrade but not a significant one. I think you'll find it better in the areas you think the XPA is weak but I'm not sure you'll be satisfied. I was for a while but it didn't last long. Build quality of the A21 sure is nice though. The good news is there is a great market for used A21s, so if you're getting a good deal, it will be easy to get rid of and get what you paid for it. So, if you're really curious, I say go for it.

What am I doing now?.....Tubes, and I do recommend you think about it. IMO they are perfect match for the Ones as they are easy to drive with the powered bass. The one I have in my sig is dead quiet, the soundstage is crazy and it is very detailed. Delicious and to my ears, in a whole different class than the XPA or the A21. I had my built for the what I sold the A21, upgraded Caps, tubes and all.

Good luck!
iMac
Schiit Yggy
Tortuga LDR3V2
Bob Latino ST-120
GoldenEar Triton Reference
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Tooooobs and Triton's make for a "match made in Heaven"...Good for you, DGA.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, DGA

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Parasound a21 vs emotiva xpa