file Parasound a21 vs emotiva xpa

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by WayneWilmeth. Reason: pic info_outline
Great post DGA and really something for the guys to think about!!!!!
I had an old original Dynaco ST-70 years ago, wish I still had it. But moving around the world means you have to leave some stuff behind.
Anyway, I bet the 120 gives you a little extra power that I would think the Triton Ones would appreciate. What tubes is it running?
Tubes............I don't mean to sound infantile or gross, but I do think there is a reason that tubes and boobs rhyme!!!!!!!
Just sayin'
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe, DGA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steveo's Avatar Offline school
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
    • Thank you received: 297
Steveo Posted 8 years 10 months ago
DGA that's a very nice looking amp and well priced too for tunes! Tell me how do they sound for movies? I only ask because my t1s are used for both music and movies and will be running all other channels through the xpa5 still.

Obviously you have mentioned it is good for music but do you find it is good for all types as well? I like all types from classical, New age, pop all the way up to heavy/metal rock
Triton Ref Pair, Supercenter Ref, SS 3's surr
Digital-Nimitra Server>USPCB>Iso Regen>TX Ultra>chord mscaler>chord dave>deqx hdp5
Analog-Technics sp10mk2, Ortofon Quintet Black , Michell Tecnoarm
Bel Canto REF600m L & R, Emotiva Xpa 5 Gen 3 for Center and rears
Subs 2xJTR 2400captivator
PS Audio P10
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Steveo,

Tubes are great for music but I don't think you would want to use them regularly for home theater, at least not as it has been described to me... It sounds like you may benefit from a good integrated amp with home theater bypass. Am I in the ballpark?

In either case, I can't recommend Hegel highly enough. I listened to a lot of amps hooked up to the Triton Ones when I demoed them at a few dealers, along with several other brands. In all of my demos, I don't think anything sounded better than the Hegel. Since I was shopping for speakers, I didn't pay too much consideration to the model but I believe it was the H-300. If you have a dealer that carries this brand, I highly recommend going in for a listen.

If I was going to update my electronics up front, this would be my first stop unless it was a dedicated 2-channel system. Then I would want to try out some more tubes first, but even my Dad, who is a huge fan of tubed gear, thought the Hegel was amazing and sounded very smooth and tube-like. He liked it so much, he started scouring the web for a used unit to upgrade his 2-channel system. Anyways, just a few thoughts and suggestions. Happy hunting and listening in the meantime!

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, DGA

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
All kinds of ideas out there. Pick up any amp of your choice and if tubes are your thing, the Decware Zen Ultra would make for great HT.www.decware.com/newsite/ULTRA.html
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• T Cobe's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 4381
T Cobe Posted 8 years 10 months ago
Anthem,

Is Decware in your HT? Any issues with using tubes in HT? Longevity of the tubes, warm up, sounding too different from the other channels? Thanks.

Cheers,

T Cobe
Speakers: Triton One L/R, SCXL, Aon 3 Surr/Back, HTR-7000 Height
Pre/Pro/AVR: Anthem AVM 60, Emotiva XSP-1
Amps: Emotiva XPA-5(2), Emotiva XPA-1L (2)
Sources: Oppo BDP-103D, Emotiva ERC-3, PS4, Pioneer PLX-1000 w/Ortofon 2M Bronze
Display: Epson 6030 UB, Elite Screens 110" Sable
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 8 years 10 months ago
T Cobe

Nope...just a thought. So many endless ideas what's out there, and if you're a tube lover, this could be a dream come true. I personally wouldn't mind an Decware Ultra Zen, I'll bet the sound would be phenomenal.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Parasound a21 vs emotiva xpa