file Triton One Troubleshooting

• Chop's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Chop Posted 9 years 7 months ago
One of my speakers led's blinks for a few seconds and then stops, and the speaker never powers on. I have changed power cords and I get the same results. Any ideas or help?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 7 months ago
It could mean something has failed in the electronics, call your dealer. Flashing green light means amp is in protection mode indicating something has failed in the electronics. Take the speaker to your dealer for service (call ahead with the serial number and they can get parts on order in advance). Repair takes about 15 minutes (replacement of the amp modules). Sorry, when things plug in the wall, stuff occasionally happens.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, Chop

• Chop's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
Chop Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Thanks - I am going to take it in the morning. I will let you guys know what it was.
Strange because Amp is not even finding the speaker at all

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by anthem. info_outline
Before you call the dealer, have you swapped speakers? The working one in place of the non-working one...? Is the mid-bass/midrange/treble working on the T1 with the non working sub?
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Chop

• stereo5's Avatar Offline
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
    • Thank you received: 201
stereo5 Posted 9 years 7 months ago
If you have one of the earlier production runs, it may be a disconnected plug behind the IEC connector. You can remove the 6 I think screws on the back of the speaker and the loose connection will be purely visible. Plug it back in and you should be good to go. Had that problem with one of my Triton Ones. Seems the wiring harness got routed a little differently in some of the first production run and some of the plugs worked themselves out. It's worth a try if you are handy with a screwdriver and are gentle.

Good luck..........
Technics SL1200G TT with ZU DL103,, McIntosh c2500 all tube Preamp, Sony HAP-Z1ES Music Server, Esoteric UX-3 CD/SACD Player, McIntosh MR88 FM HD Tuner, McIntosh MC302 300wpc amp, GE Triton Reference Speakers, Shunyata Hydra's Power Conditioners & Power Cords, + more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, Chop

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
We've seen a few loose at the other end too (the amp), which is on the bottom of the speaker. Sometimes removing and re-seating connector(s) is needed too. The flashing light (Blue on Triton Ones) means the amp is not coming out of startup.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, Chop

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Triton One Troubleshooting