file Question on triton 2

• Ronin22's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Ronin22 Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Hi all

I was curious about the tweeter height and ear height. I have the triton 2s which I believe have a tweeter height of around 40 inches but my ear height is a little over 35 inches. I have heard the tweeter should be at ear level so to compensate I have put shims under the back two feet to bring the tweeter more "forward" so my question is is there anything to gain from doing this or am I messing with the sonic performance of the speaker? Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 7 months ago
The tweeter height on the Triton 2 is 39 1/2 inches. Experimentation is the key here, so if a pair of shims on the back two feet of your chair makes for a more enjoyable listening experience, by all means do it . Nothing is set in stone, do whatever it takes to satisfy your ears sonically.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Hey Anthem, I think Ronin22 is talking about putting shims under the back of his T2s, not his listening chair.
Ronin22, IF I am right, this is an idea that worked sorta well for the leaning tower in Pisa, but I am not sure I would do it to your Tritons.
IMHO they need to be pretty rock solid coupled to the floor, which their considerable weight accomplishes easily.
And the difference in your ear height is negligible, IMHO. Only your ears and experimentation can tell for sure.
The T2s really can give you more just by a little adjustment in position, placement, toe-in. I would experiment with all that first (you may already have). I think proper placement in the room will give you the most bang for the buck, not adjustment in height.
Please let us know what you find out, what you decide as you experiment.
There is no "right" or "wrong" I guess, as long as you don't break the base and have one of these babies laying prone on the floor.
Enjoy, this is fun after all,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 10 years 7 months ago
My goodness, poor "ole" Anthem must be getting old, he can't even read...sorry. Shims on the back two feet of the Triton 2's? Guess what, I've actually been using that technique for the past two weeks, using one inch Styrofoam blocks and it works quite well. With that being said, experimentation is the key. Shim your speakers, your chair ( currently have my lazy boy shimmed) do what ever it takes to achieve sonic bliss...the skies the limit...experiment...have fun.

Like Wayne says there is no "right" or "wrong".
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

• Ronin22's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
Ronin22 Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Thanks for the replies

Yes I was referring to shimming the back of the speakers but I agree it all depends on what sounds good to my ears. I guess the reason I ask is because these speakers seem to be engineered so that every curve has a purpose and can affect the sound it seems. I think I read somewhere that even the sock contributes to the sonics of the speaker and if you look at how that front grill is shaped it looks like it has a specific purpose to which if I manipulate it might throw off the natural sonics that are provided. Anyway, perhaps I over analyze it.

Have you guys toed your t2s in a lot? I have played around with it going from aiming them to the outside of my shoulders to aiming directly at my ears and haven't heard a difference.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: anthem

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 10 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline
The further you spread them apart and toe them in, the larger the soundstage and the better the experience for listeners off center.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Support Triton Series Triton Towers Question on triton 2