file Something has changed, something is different

• rjohn79395's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • rjohn79395
    • Thank you received: 4322
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
rjohn79395 Posted 8 years 4 months ago

murphyslaw1978 wrote: I've been able to adjust the speakers positions and couch a bit now that I have the T1s connected instead of the T2s. I've been listening with and without the subs. Most of the listening I've been doing through my Marantz SR7010 has been in the following two modes:

1.) Pure Direct mode, T1s full range. Bass level set to 1-o'clock.
2.) Stereo with subs, crossed over at 80Hz

After listening at higher volumes, at 90dB continuous with peaks well above 100dB, it seems pretty obvious now that the larger midrange drivers and extra bass is delivering the good at this end of the spectrum.

To be honest, I'm wowed by the T1s...

I'm probably going to go back and test with a lower crossover to the 18" subs. With the T2s, I needed 80Hz to get the best sound. With the T1s, I think 60 or even 40Hz might be better.

Hey murhpyslaw1978,

I too love the T1's. Congratulations on adding them to your system! As a reference, I have mine at 12 o'clock (Yes I'm a fellow basshead), and at -9.5 db gain for the .1 sub setting (with T2's on a separate .1 channel at 0 db gain). Bass is NOT a problem, just need to adjust to room conditions/room modes. My T1's and T2's are set as large/full. And you have those gorgeous 18" subs to play with.

I may have missed previous posts, but I'd love to get some feedback on how your new homebuilt subs sound with the GEt's.

As I said on a previous post, your set-up sure looks great, including those 18" drivers in I guess custom built cabinets!

Rick
5.4.4 HT speakers: T Ref fronts/LFE 1, SuperCenter Ref, T1 surrounds/LFE 2 + SuperSub XXL, HTR 7000 top fronts, HTR 8000 top rears
Zone 2 speakers; 2 Invisa 525's
AVR: Marantz SR 8015
Amp: AT525NC 5 channel
Cable/TiVo, OPPO BDP 105D, Bluesound Node 2i, Apple tv 4K streamer
48" SONY 4K OLED TV
The following user(s) said Thank You: T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Something has changed, something is different