file HI-End Audio System with Triton 1's

• Tristar71's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 5
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Tristar71 Posted 8 years 7 months ago
HI Everyone,
I thought I'd share my experience with the Triton 1's and my Hi End system that just make the 1's Sing!
Intros: I first heard the Triton 1's in New Zealand on the sharp end of a system costing over the hundred thousand dollar range - and they blew me away. My system isn't quite as rich but certainly no slouch.

My System consists of from power to speaker with
Nordost Frey 2 power cables to all sources
Thor PS10 Power Conditioner
Laufer Technik - The MemoryPlayer64 Select
Nordost Tyr2 IC's
AMR AM-77.1 Amplification
Nordost SPM Speaker Cables

All in all a system that presents an immense amount of sound and incredible detail. I was a hairs breadth from purchasing Sonus Faber Guarneri Mementos - until I heard the Tritons. The incredibly coherent balance from the bottom octaves all the way through the frequency range to the golden 'WIDE' soundstage of the folded ribbon tweeters.
It took me weeks of convincing that I was going to do the right thing and buy the Tritons - I couldn't get my head around the fact that they cost less than half the price of my previous speakers and yet I was upgrading! - I was looking to spend around $20,000 on speakers and yet chose the Triton1. I have never regretted it. Not one iota!
When your whole perspective is changed to what is and what a hi end sound should be like it's difficult to accept how good the triton 1's are. I like a good looking speaker like the rest of us and have always been led to believe 'good sound, good price tag'. The Triton 1's shattered the illusion. Here I was about to spend some money on handcrafted Italian masterpieces on Plinths of Marble - Yes they have a reputation and deservedly so, I'm sure also they would have delivered on sound too. But not the full range I was compromising.
The SF's always felt like a compromise, amazing sound, look great, but the Lower octaves and bass is lacking the full range sound. Not even contemplating the Amati Futuras which are incredible in many ways (price also) - I just happened to chance an encounter with a brand I'd never heard of and a speaker that at first glance just didn't appeal.... WHAT! I asked myself - Powered speakers....not in this lifetime...
Until I heard them sing...
I'm a changed man.
Thanks GoldenEar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe, aribraun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GDHAL's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 879
GDHAL Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Tristar71, I concur the T1s are pretty amazing sounding. Even more noteworthy and as you point out is their incredible value (price to quality/performance ratio). I wasn't wanting to do this but I had an opportunity (through an audio club member in my home town Long Island NY) to experience the sound of speakers costing WAY more - Alta Statement Towers - that retail for $200K. It goes without say his other components were high end (Bryston, etc.). Considering sound and price, I'll keep my Tritons! Enjoy!
Golden Ear Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
halr.x10.mx/TritonReference.htm ; halr.x10.mx/other.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

• DGA's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 56
DGA Posted 8 years 7 months ago
Post of the year. I went through a similar experience with the 802D and the Triton One.
iMac
Schiit Yggy
Tortuga LDR3V2
Bob Latino ST-120
GoldenEar Triton Reference
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System HI-End Audio System with Triton 1's