file Triton 5s one week review

• SHart's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
SHart Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by SHart. info_outline
I have been listening to the 5s for a week every night after work. To be honest, I wasn't sure if there would be a huge difference in my system with the addition of the 5s over the Aon 3 because of the subs. I could not have been more wrong. It is like having a completely different system. Everything sounds better. I think the difference is that the 5s image so well and the full range of the speakers complete any deficiency I had in drop off in the bass transition from the Aon 3s to the subs. The 5s produce a lot of bass and you would not need a sub with them for just listening to music. I watched the Dark Knight Rises for the umpteenth time this week. I was just going to see what the first of the move sounded like with the 5s it sounded so good I kept watching it. I'm not discounting the Aon 3s they are such awesome speakers they may be more suited for a smaller room than I had them in. I'm hearing new sounds of instruments out of the 5s that I didn't hear with the Aons. My system consists of the Triton 5s, Force Field 3, Force Field 4, SuperSat 50 center channel, surround speakers are 4 SuperSat 3s and my receiver is a Denon 2313. If you are wanting an all around music and movie system the 5s are the way to go.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, rjohn79395, T Cobe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 4 months ago
Thanks SHart for that great report!!!!
Sounds like the T5s are gonna be a force to be reckoned with, gonna be a BIG option for most people.
I love the Aon 3s so I can imagine the T5s must be some great speakers to beat them so well.
Any thought of putting the Aon 3s as surround speakers?
You have a sweet system, enjoy the music and movies!
Happy listening,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHart

• SHart's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 16
SHart Posted 9 years 4 months ago
I think the Aons would be great as surrounds and I would do that if I had the right room configuration. Right now it looks and sounds good with the Sat 3s. It would sound better with The Aons I'm sure. The Aons sound really good for certain set ups such as small rooms our home has an open floor plan. I think that is why the 5s do such a good job because they create a huge sound stage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Triton 5s one week review