file Min Recommended Watts Triton 7

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Hey DaveM,
Congratulations on the Triton 7s, I am sure you are gonna love them, I love mine!!!!
You told us a lot, and the room size, that it will be stereo music, but you did not tell us what kind of pre-amp you have that will be feeding the amp you are looking for?
A LOT of folks like a tube pre-amp for a whole host of great properties they have, and then combine them with a SS amp for its ability to rock out, play louder (that is a fairly large room you have to fill), better control of bass--generally speaking, not always, etc.
I would definitely look at used amps on Audiogon or ebay, you can pick up some real winners for a great price.
Tell us more and perhaps we can help more.
And keep us informed whatever you do, we love to hear of people enjoying music with this hobby!!!
Happy listening, God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 9 years 8 months ago
I would love to hear the T7's powered with The Decware Super Zen Triode Set Tube Amp (model SE84CKC) 2 watts of pure bliss...If this amp is anything like its larger brotherin, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Decware will be running a 10% off sale starting in February.
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 7 months ago
Remember the Triton Seven is being driven full range, not like a Triton One, Two or Three where the driving amplifier is only playing the lower midrange/upper bass frequencies on up. Two watts is not going to do the trick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Min Recommended Watts Triton 7