heart Two weeks later with SuperSat 5.1 and FF5

• Okran's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 2
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Okran Posted 9 years 8 months ago
It's been a little over two weeks now. My new sound is now:

3 Supersat 50 (LCR) surrounding my 109" screen (projection), two SS 3 for the Surround LR, and an amazing ForceField5 that shakes the couch perfectly when the movie gives us some rumbling.

All this driven by a Pioneer Elite SC-85.

This replaced my 15-year old very small Yamaha 5.1 satellite speakers. The sound is so much richer now. The living room is completely filled with sound (a large 25x30 room). I hesitated between the SS 60s or the 50s, given the size of my room and screen... but I am now 100% satisfied... I cannot imagine the sound would have been that much nicer than what I have now. Same for the surround... I originally thought of 50s, but I believe now that would have been a waste, as the 3s more than do the job.

I have kept my old Yamaha satellites that I now use as Front High (LR), and Surround Back (LR), giving me a total 9.1 system. To be honest, the Front High are only used if I put the system in "Neo X", and it's really not necessary IMO. However, the two that I kept as Surround Back are really worth it... but I am tempted to buy two more SS3 for the back... not sure yet. That would be nice when I listen to music in extended stereo.

I will definitely buy two new SS 3c that I'm putting on the ceiling, just over the couch, to complete my Atmos setup. I think all I need to help push me over that edge is *one* good movie in Atmos ;) . C'mon Dolby, push those studios to do the right thing.

Some amazing sound experiences:

- Gravity Blueray (even though it's just in 5.1)... the opening sequence, with the various chatter between the astronauts and Houston, moving around the room as the camera spins...

- The Hobbit, the scene where the dwarves all sing around the fire near the beginning

- The Equalizer with Denzel W... near the end, sequence outside in the rain... it was raining in my living room!!

In other words, not Michael-Bay-type sequences, but more subtle ones that really fill the sound stage.

I have had a few visitors over for the Holidays, and everyone has been amazed by the sound.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth, anthem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 8 months ago
Good report Okran, well done on your system!!!!
Great that you can fill so large a room with beautiful sound!!!!
Keep us informed, thanks, enjoy the listening in this new year,
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Two weeks later with SuperSat 5.1 and FF5