heart Triton Ones after a week of listening and setup

• DezFretz's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
DezFretz Posted 9 years 10 months ago
Last night I achieved the ideal placement of a stereo pair of Triton Ones in my room. I'd spent a few hours in repositioning and listening, noticed some progress, and went to bed. Today I realized that the soundstaging is now perfect.

In need of a new set of speakers for my main system -- after 42 years' faithful service of my Fulton J Modulars -- I auditioned the Triton Ones at Evolution Audio & Video in Agoura, California. After a dozen or so songs I sensed that I could work with the Tritons. There is something magical about them, an openness and aliveness that I felt could really satisfy me.

My suggestion to others considering Triton Ones is to audition them. If you hear that magic, go ahead. Then, invest the time necessary to set 'em up properly in your listening room. Start with the positioning diagram in the owner's manual and adjust and listen until you reach the perfect imaging. It will be obvious and joyful.

The Triton Ones are a breakthrough in INTEGRATION and a huge value that could save high-end audio from price insanity. Properly set up, they present the most convincing and satisfying music reproduction in my experience.

[I'm driving them with vintage ARC electronics (SP-14 and D-150) and digital music files with Amarra running on a new Mac Pro, from Sony HAP Z1ES, and discs and files on an Oppo BDP-105.]
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator, WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 10 months ago
Hi DezFretz,
Tres Bon!!!!
That is a great report!!! What do your significant others say about the sound???? The cars???/ ha ha
WOW, that is some set up and I can just imagine how good it sounds.
Having all the other Triton towers, and never having heard the Ones, but reading reports like yours and the latest Home Theater Review I can just imagine how the music must sound.
I am hurting here.
Not really, I am loving my T2s and all. But if you ever want to trade them Ones for some T3s, then let me know.
Enjoy your tunes, happy listening, and keep us updated if you will.
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• DezFretz's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 3
DezFretz Posted 9 years 10 months ago
Thanks.

I've found the best imaging and soundstage with my ears about a foot below the tweeters, in a low-slung chair. Setup is otherwise close to that in the diagram of the owner's manual. I'm a bit closer to the speakers, almost in the near-field.

I urge you to give this a try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Triton Ones after a week of listening and setup