file Limiting bass to Triton 7's

• Matt's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Matt Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Previously I ran my Triton 7's full spectrum. I am also using 2 B&W 801 subs. On some deep organ music, I heard the 7's popping. I since then crossed them over at 100 hz through a vintage AR tube crossover. My preamp is a vintage AR tube SP3. My power amp is a vintage Hitachi HMA 8300. I recently sold my Tympani's 1d's and replaced them with the 7's. My source material is CD's and HD downloads through an Oppo 105. I'm thinking of adding Triton 1's to compliment the Sevens. I love bass. I believe the crossover point in the 1's are 100hz to the subs. Anyone see any issues in doing this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WayneWilmeth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 9 years 11 months ago
Hi Matt,
I don't think it can hurt anything for you to limit the bass going to the T7s, and MAY help out the sound by not asking them to reproduce the really low notes an organ can put out.
When you mention perhaps adding the Triton Ones, do you mean to this system? It sounds like that is what you are saying.
Would the T7s be moved to the rear then? That would make for one AWESOME!!!!!! SYSTEM!!!!!!
With the Triton Ones running full range, you may not need the additional subs at all. You can still crossover the T7s at 100 or I would probably use 80 Hz and let the Ones do the heavy lifting for the bass.
Please tell us how you get on, what you do and how it sounds?
Enjoy the music, enjoy the ride as you put together a killer system!!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

• Moderator's Avatar Offline
    • Thank you received: 3418
Moderator Posted 9 years 11 months ago
No issue, that will improve their playing ceiling significantly, and that's the way they are used in home theater setups of course. You might want to try 80Hz or 60Hz too, if you have the ability to do so. But 100Hz will give you the higher output level potential, if that's the goal.

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System Limiting bass to Triton 7's