heart My 9.1 Goldenear / JL F212 / Pioneer Home Theater

• Louie_18's Avatar Offline school
    • Thank you received: 1
  • arrow_drop_downMore arrow_drop_upLess
Louie_18 Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by Louie_18. info_outline

[img]http://http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8469/8354568224_00eaed2c6f_z.jpg[/img]

Home Theater Gear List

A/V Receiver:
Pioneer SC-LX86

Speakers:
Front Left / Right - Goldenear Triton 2 with built in 1200 watts Powered Subwoofer
Center - Goldenear Supersat 50c
Front Wides - Goldenear Aon 3
Surrounds - Goldenear Supersat 3
Surround Back - Polk Audio OWM3

Video Sources:
OPPO BDP-103 3D Bluray Player
Egreat R300pro with Mediasonic Probox 4-slot Hard Disk Bay

Video Display:
Panasonic AE7000 Full HD 3D Projector
120" Elite Screens EZFrame Cinewhite Fixed PJ screen

Subwoofers:
2 x SVS PC12plus
2 x SVS SB13plus

Subwoofer Calibration through SVS AS-EQ1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moderator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Louie, the 18th,
SWEET,
How does it sound?????
Enough bass???????
Thanks for the pics, we need a sound report, Please.
Enjoy,
Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Louie_18 Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Moderator. info_outline

WayneWilmeth wrote: Louie, the 18th,
SWEET,
How does it sound?????
Enough bass???????
Thanks for the pics, we need a sound report, Please.
Enjoy,
Wayne

Thanks Wayne for the compliment.
I'm also very sorry for the very late response...
Haven't logged in for quite some time now...

Anyway as for the Pioneer / GE combo I can say that the mids and highs were improved as compared with my previous Onkyo. The pioneer gave better extension and details to highs. Initially I thought that the Pioneer / GE combo would give a bright/tiring sound but I was wrong, the combo is just right. I can't say that Onkyo or Pioneer is better than the other because each receiver has its own strength and weakness. For instance I like better the Audyssey MultiEQ XT32 of Onkyo than Pioneer's MCACC... Pioneer I think doesn't have EQ for the lower frequencies that is why I bought an AS-EQ1 for subwoofer EQ.

But one thing is for sure, you will not go wrong with either Pioneer or Onkyo especailly when paired with Goldenear... Goldenear is simply Amazing... B)

As for the dual PC12plus and dual SB13plus subwoofers... Enough bass...? Actually I'm not after the SPL output as I think a single PC12plus could shake my HT room with no sweat but what I'm after is the balancing of bass all over the room... Dual or even quad subwoofer set up would give you flat and balance bass response which would eliminate bloated bass, bass overhang, etc... My current subwoofer set up is arranged so the PC12plus handles the low frequencies (40Hz and below) and the SB13plus handles the midbass (40Hz-80Hz/100Hz), the Goldenears handles 80Hz/100Hz and up. This set up I think covers all the audible frequency in any movie material :)

• WayneWilmeth's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 7040
WayneWilmeth Posted 11 years 7 months ago
Thanks Louie for your descriptive response.
You said, "This set up I think covers all the audible frequency in any movie material."
I would have thought your set up would cover everything except perhaps subterranean tectonic plate shifts!!!!!
It looks like quite the set up.
I am thinking I will go a little different way. I want to add only 1 subwoofer to my home theater, and add it in the rear of the room. I understand what you said about the coverage and smooth response you are after. Me too. I hope I can get that because, in effect, in my mind at least, I will be basically using 3 subs. Counting the Triton 2 bottom ends (IF and WHEN I ever get them).
But I intend to cross them over lower at say 50 hz or maybe lower. Just wondering if you listened to the bass with just the Triton 2s playing full range before you decided to cross them over and only let them play above 80 hz? If so, how did they sound? Obviously not enough bass for you, but then you might be a little bit of an exception on the bass freak end of things. Ha ha, NO offense intended. Just wondering what your thoughts are here?
Thanks for any more info.
Enjoy your awesome system. And if there are any earthquakes in your area, I hope someone will let you know about it. ha ha
All the best, Wayne
God bless the child that's got his own.

Louie_18 Posted 11 years 3 months ago
I did some room renovation these past couple of weeks and here's the new layout. Same old gears but installed room treatments B)

Front Stage --- Now using 140" Acoustically Transparent Screen (my supersat 50c installed behind)

My Dual SVS PC12plus placed at the back. And my Panasonic AE7000 PJ :)

• anthem's Avatar Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    • Thank you received: 9175
anthem Posted 11 years 3 months ago
Louie_18:

Great looking room!!

Now the 4 million dollar question: Are you truly in love with the Supersat 50c or are thoughts of upgrading on your mind?

I've had a love, hate, relationship with center channel speakers and was wanting to hear your thoughts on the Supersat 50c. :silly:
D-Sonic m3a-600m Mono > McIntosh MC152 > Primaluna ProLogue Premium Preamp > Oppo UDP205 > Decware ZLC > Triton Reference > Isoacoustics Gaia 2 > Canare 4S11 Speaker Cables > Audience Forte 3, Anticable L3 & Shunyata Venom PC's

Every great performance deserves an Audience!

Moderators: Moderator
menu
close
Menu
person_outline
arrow_back
You are here: Home Forum Clubhouse Show Off Your GoldenEar System My 9.1 Goldenear / JL F212 / Pioneer Home Theater